Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Calling all SEIT providers

amother

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 11:43 am
Hi evryone, as the new year begins, I would love to stock up on my toys to make it exciting for the kids I'm working with. Can we put together a list of games/toys that you found useful for SEIT and what skills it helps work on. Thanks everyone for your input.

Ill start:

Cariboo Island- fantastic, unbelievable game to teach color, shape, number and letter identification.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 22 2012, 9:05 am
I also love Cariboo and recommend it to all my colleagues. I even customize it by covering the doors. Thinkfun's line of games are also unique and fun.

Factory Girl

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 4:11 pm
I love ot use mellssa and oughs woddern patterns set,
using triangles/circles/squares to complete the picture, that is what I am using currently with a child I work with

forever21

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:59 pm
monkey match is a cute game. all the kids Ive used it with loved it. It has diff categories raging from easy (matching colors, shapes) to harder (worker to occupation, items that are similar, opposites, etc). another game that I like is called near and far. it teaches next to, behind, in front..

runninglate

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:10 pm
forever21, which companies make those games?

runninglate

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:10 pm
forever21, which companies make those games?

forever21

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:14 pm
I bought the toys in toys to discover on 18th avenue. near and far is from suki ltd (never heard of it otherwise), not sure abt monkey match. I dont have it near me.

runninglate

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:21 pm
thanks! I love super duper's "wh" bingo game. I bought it when it went on sale for half price. In fact, many of their products are great, but so expensive.

QUEENY

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:49 pm
I like take the cake..teaches shapes but has other skills also. What do you see?-colors is also a fun game, candy Land, My first picture maker(shapes , colors, numbers and abc), cookies matching game (shapes)

amother

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 3:16 pm
I thought I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one Smile

Where can I get Cariboo Island for an affordable price? its over $70 on amazon...

queenofhearts515

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 10:26 pm
Bumping this up- I would love to get some ideas of what you SEITs do in your children's homes. I have a week and a half left until the SEIT calendar is over, but the schools are ending now. Any great ideas of fun educational things to do with my student in his home (or in his neighborhood- he lives on the upper east side) for 2.5 hours each day?!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics