Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Broken flash drive - is there any hope?!?

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 10:36 pm
Dd managed to break my USB flash drive Crying . The part that plugs into the computer is bent sideways, so it's sticking out at an angle instead of straight, it's partially pulled out from the rest of it on one side. It now looks kind of like a letter L but with less than a ninety degree angle, if that makes any sense. Needless to say, it no longer works. I have two years' worth of photos and videos backed up on there, including some extremely precious and irreplaceable memories, and I am just devastated at the thought of losing it all. I was in tears when it happened. I just wonder if there is any way to recover the stuff on the drive. I've seen websites that claim to be able to do this for you (you have to send it in to them) but have no idea if any are legitimate/reliable. Anyone know of a solution? I'm desperate!

Kayza

Post Tue, Sep 13 2011, 8:10 pm
Mommeeeeeeee! wrote:
I just wonder if there is any way to recover the stuff on the drive. I've seen websites that claim to be able to do this for you (you have to send it in to them) but have no idea if any are legitimate/reliable. Anyone know of a solution? I'm desperate!

Some of these sites are quite reliable - and you can't tell by price. You need to ask around.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 14 2011, 4:36 am
we had that recently, but bh my dh is very makpid about backing everything up. It took a week to download all our info, but we did.

You probably need to take it to an expert, maybe take it in to a computer store? It may be something minor.

And try and back up your stuff - maybe upload some of your favourite videos and pictures to a site like photobucket.

I know even if chv we would lose our info, we have a lot of pictures online, on blogs and on facebook.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics