Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Bells and Pomegranates / Till Then - by Rachel Pomerantz???
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 12:56 pm
I came across a list of books by Rachel Pomerantz on her own website:

Novels by Rachel Pomerantz

Wildflower, C.I.S. Publishers, '89
A childless couple in Jerusalem takes a foster child, who is then reclaimed by his natural family. Hebrew version
A Time to Rend, A Time to Sew, Feldheim Publishers, '95
Two academically successful sisters try to integrate their careers and their private lives. Also in French and Hebrew.
Cactus Blossoms, Targum Press, '96
A custody case for a foster child, during the Gulf War. Also in Hebrew.
As Mountains around Jerusalem, Feldheim Publishers, '99
Two converts to Judaism from very different backgrounds meet in Israel. Also in French.
Inheritance of our Fathers, HaModia Publications, to appear. American Jews trying to make aliya .
Bells and Pomegranates, The tribulations of children of ba'alei teshuva looking for their destined match. Sequel to Cactus Blossoms and A Time to Rend, A Time to Sew.
Till Then Cultural divisions in Israeli society: Jew and Arab, secular and religious, Left and Right. During an election campaign, a secular newspaperman and his radio announcer wife interact with a Palestinian mathematics professor, a chareidi author, and a teenage supporter of the right-wing parties, who is playing detective as he investigates shady campaign practices of a rival party. Also discusses the issue of chareidim in the army.

The books appeared under the pen-name Rachel Pomerantz, and are available either from the publishers or from operations like amazon.com or eichlers.com

Last update: December 18, '05

I've read Wildflower, a Time to Rend a Time to Sew, Cactus Blossoms, As Mountains ARound Jerusalem and Inheritance of Our Father, which was published as Crossing the Divide. But I have never seen 'Bells and Pomegrantes' and 'Till Then'. Has anyone even seen them or read them? Were they ever actually published?
TIA!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 1:10 pm
Same here -- I am big fan of her first 4 books and would be very interested in Bells and Pomegranates, but I've never heard of it.

Sherri

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 2:33 pm
I know someone who is an editor and remember seeing the manuscript around. I think that at one point there was thought of serializing the book and that's what held up publication, but I don't know what happened in the end.

I also really enjoyed her books.

hadasa

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 2:37 pm
I'd also love to read more of her books!

Raisin

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 2:41 pm
she's one of the only decent frum writers around. Too bad she hasn't published more books.

Amy3

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 5:14 pm
Bells and Pomegranates, The tribulations of children of ba'alei teshuva looking for their destined match. Sequel to Cactus Blossoms and A Time to Rend, A Time to Sew.

I want to read this book!
Does anyone have any more info?

Tova

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 6:36 pm
Ditto to the above; I love this author. Is it possible to e-mail her directly? Does her site have contact information?

Hatemywig

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 6:39 pm
Me three four or five!

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 6:47 pm
as of Jan 24 2008 it apparently was:
e-mail: mschaps at macs dot biu.ac.il

I reeeeally hope it comes out as a book and is not serialized. That would be torture!!!!
I can't wait to see which characters from 'Cactus Blossoms' and 'A Time to Rend, A Time to Sew' marry each other!

Let me know if you email her. Actually, maybe I'll do it myself.

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 7:06 pm
Ok, I emailed her. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Tova

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 8:06 pm
Thanks - looking forward to seeing an update!

September June

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 8:57 pm
I was also waiting for these two books to come out. I'm desperate for decent Jewish reading material and I loved her other books.

I suspect she may have a hard time finding a frum publisher for Till Then, it deals with subjects most frum writers just don't touch.

I remember seeing a poster write here that she emailed Rachel Pomerantz about Bells and Pomegranates and she emailed her back that she was in negotiations with a publisher.
See this thread. http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....achel

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 9:34 pm
I noticed that thread. But that was a year ago. I wondered what happened since then.

GetReal

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 10:54 am
I just got an answer from her:

I just signed a contract with Targum for putting out Bells and Pomegranates. I will probably put out Till Then as an e-book.

willow

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 1:40 pm
I love her work she is a wonderful author

September June

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 5:18 pm
Targum Press was just renamed Menucha Publications. Hopefully they're under new management and will actually pay their writers now.
Glad to hear her books are being published. Thanks for the update.

Tova

Post Mon, Oct 10 2011, 5:22 pm
Great news! I was just about to say that I thought Targum went out of business (my SIL used to work for them). Interesting that they are now Menucha Press.

chocolate fondue

Post Tue, Oct 11 2011, 7:02 pm
I got the same reply as GetReal. So excited! It seems that Till Then is a sequel to Bells and Pomegranates.

penguin

Post Thu, May 10 2012, 10:54 pm
Any news on this topic? I can't find Menucha Publications or either of these books.

kallateach

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 2:58 pm
Til Then did come out as an e-book. I haven't read it yet because I haven't been able tofigure out how to download it but I ma hoping to soon. Rachel POmerantz is one of my favorite authors.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room