Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
IDEAS FOR BATMITZVA PLS!!!!!!!!!!

technic

Post Sat, Apr 02 2005, 6:32 pm
this is probably hopeless BUT if it works, then I can justify all the hrs ive spent on imamother when I should be doing other things!!!!...on chol hamoed pesach we are making a small seuda (4 immed fam) 2 celebrate the batmitzva of our eldest daughter (iyh)...apart from birconim, it is apparently nice to give guests a small gift - weve never done this b4 so r TOTALLY clueless shock ...I feel it would b nice 2 relate it 2 pesach if poss (maybe indigestion remedy Wink ) but thats not essential - and inexpensive would b good 2....has ANYONE got any ideas????...thank u in advance and shavua tov 2 whoever is reading this Very Happy

Last edited by technic on Sun, Apr 03 2005, 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Sat, Apr 02 2005, 10:43 pm
Quote:
it is apparently nice to give guests a small gift

Food and drink I've heard of! Gifts unless you mean a a bencher or loot bag etc Confused
Otherwise I'm clueless. Can someone fill me in on this too.

hisorerus

Post Sun, Apr 03 2005, 12:59 am
I assume you're referring to a "Teshura" from a Simcha. From what I understand, it is like a Bentcher- to enable guests to do a Mitzva from coming to your simcha. Some people give out a book, so that the Torah learned is partially to benefit the Baal Hasimcha.

It might be nice to give out a booklet with short Divrei Torah that can be said at various parts of the Seder, or a Hagada that you found to have inspiring points.

IM-MA

Post Sun, Apr 03 2005, 1:01 am
Maybe you or your daughter and guests could make something to remind people to count sefiras haomer and she could explain what it is and relating it to being bas mitzva.

technic

Post Sun, Apr 03 2005, 3:06 am
thank u ladies - its all (kasher l'pesach!) food 4 thought... Very Happy

1stimer

Post Sun, Apr 03 2005, 8:19 am
I went to a bar mitzva straight after pesach, they gave out a magnet with the sefiras omer on it, it had days one to forty-nine and a separate magnetic circle that you could put around the day of the omer. It was really useful.

Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 9:45 am
such nice ideas! especially the magnet, must look for that when in the states

and technic, you just make sure this smile sticks to my face - thank you for that!!!

and may it be besha'a tova!!!

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 1:34 pm
I like the sefira-related ideas because they're timely.

here's another timely idea - since the bas mitzva is taking place on Chol Ha'Moed, that means Shevii shel Pesach (when the Sea split) is coming up. There's a colorful, beautifully illustrated 44 pg. booklet (the size of a bentcher) called "Speak of Hashem's Wonders - Ten Makos and Fifty Miracles (at Yum Suf)" which has a blank back cover that could have the name, date, etc. of your simcha printed on it

hisorerus wrote:
to enable guests to do a Mitzva from coming to your simcha. Some people give out a book, so that the Torah learned is partially to benefit the Baal Hasimcha.

never heard these reasons
got sources?

technic

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 4:19 am
thanx 2 all of u Very Happy

Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 4:23 am
let us know what you come up with, better yet - send me a sample Wink !

technic

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 4:58 am
pearl bli neder when I make a decision ill post it on here!

Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 4:59 am
and what about one in my mailbox Wink ? as I already know it will be fabulous!

technic

Post Wed, Apr 06 2005, 7:56 pm
awwwwwwww ty embarrassed

technic

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 7:11 pm
4 anyone who likes a happy ending! - my sister has found me sefirat haomer magnets in israel and thats what were going 4...thank u all and chag kasher vsameach Very Happy

supermom

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 7:29 am
can you read the actual day of the omer if it is a magnet how do you read it without needing glasses after? Confused

technic

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 10:36 am
first of all in our fam we already have glasses so no prob there Wink ...secondly the magnet is bigger than the refrigerator shock

supermom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 1:33 pm
huh? shock now who would put a magnet that is bigger than their own fridge? Confused it must be expensive for these magnets no?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics