Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ra'anana Info

amother

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 4:56 pm
Any amothers here from Raanana?

We are lookign for advice on finding areas where young families live (we have a 3 year old), and possibly the least expensive areas. I know of several people who live there but not well enough to ask them for advice.

We are very modern (I wear pants) and looking for a community oriented area in the Sharon region- Raanana seems to fit the bill perfectly!

Any adivce please anyone? Average rentals costs? Best shuls etc?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
Any amothers here from Raanana?

We are lookign for advice on finding areas where young families live (we have a 3 year old), and possibly the least expensive areas. I know of several people who live there but not well enough to ask them for advice.

We are very modern (I wear pants) and looking for a community oriented area in the Sharon region- Raanana seems to fit the bill perfectly!

Any adivce please anyone? Average rentals costs? Best shuls etc?
Raanana is VERY expensive. What about Modiin? Also expensive, but not as expensive (I believe) as Raanana.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:39 pm
I second what shabbat said. Ra'anana is extremely expensive. I'm not up to date on the prices, but let's just say it costs a lot more than most other areas. OTOH, it is a lovely place, very well-run, rather anglo in its general atmosphere. You hear a lot of English. I would say if you're looking for the more dati areas and the cheaper buildings, you'd probably be looking around Rabbi Akiva/Ravutzky/Shwartz in the east side. But it's still expensive, people rent run-down tiny places for a lot of money.
Modi'in could be a good alternative but it's not in the Sharon.
I heard rumors there are growing communities in Kfar Saba and Hod Hasharon, you might want to look into those.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:48 pm
amother wrote:
I second what shabbat said. Ra'anana is extremely expensive. I'm not up to date on the prices, but let's just say it costs a lot more than most other areas. OTOH, it is a lovely place, very well-run, rather anglo in its general atmosphere. You hear a lot of English. I would say if you're looking for the more dati areas and the cheaper buildings, you'd probably be looking around Rabbi Akiva/Ravutzky/Shwartz in the east side. But it's still expensive, people rent run-down tiny places for a lot of money.
I heard rumors there are growing communities in Kfar Saba and Hod Hasharon, you might want to look into those.
oops, I missed that in the OP.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:59 pm
How about Ginot Shomron, not in the Sharon per se, but in the area.
There are many young couples, of various religious observance (plenty of women don't cover their hair and/or wear pants). Housing is a bit cheaper, and the younger community is really close knit.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 12:05 am
Ariel sounds like it would be right up your alley... so when would you like to come for a Shabbat? LOL

neemaneema

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 1:53 am
We are young (kids are 5, 4 and 2), live in Ra'anana and are happy there. It is a well-kept, well-run and well-developed city. I have to say that as already noted, it is on the expensive side. The difference from Modiin though is not that great. There is somewhat of a range of prices, depending on what you're looking for and where you're looking. There is also a nice range of people so you will definitely be able to fit in and feel comfortable. Please PM me and I'd be happy to give you lots more info.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:35 am
OP here. My parents will be moving to Ra'anana B'H so we really are only looking into Ra'anana at this time. We also need somewhere with easy access to Tel Aviv, so it would need to be Raanana/ Netanya etc.

Leesah

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:57 am
If you want to know how much it costs to rent/buy go on to yad2 website.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 10:04 am
amother wrote:

Raanana is extremely expensive, even for a not very nice home. I don't know if Hod Hasharon has much of a religious community but Kfar Saba definitely does, with lots of MO English speakers. Housing is cheaper there and it's close to the train to Tel Aviv.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 10:29 am
My husband directs the Raanana Community Kollel. You could come for Shabbos and eat with local families who are similar to you, to get a feel. Heard of Beit Knesset Shivtei Yisrael? That might be nice for you.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 10:52 am
Ra'anana is really beautiful and clean.

I went to a great MO shul there for a simch -- Kinor David. They daven using a Carlebach-style nusach.

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. My parents will be moving to Ra'anana B'H so we really are only looking into Ra'anana at this time. We also need somewhere with easy access to Tel Aviv, so it would need to be Raanana/ Netanya etc.

Ra'anana has a lot of good things going for it, but easy access to Tel Aviv is not one of them. There's no train, that's a big minus, and AFAIK there's no direct easy highway.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 18 2011, 12:18 am
How about Petach Tikvah?

amother

Post Fri, Nov 18 2011, 6:14 am
can someone please give more info about petach tikva and kfar saba?

mandksima

Post Sat, Nov 19 2011, 10:56 am
Tablepoetry wrote:
amother wrote:

Ra'anana has a lot of good things going for it, but easy access to Tel Aviv is not one of them. There's no train, that's a big minus, and AFAIK there's no direct easy highway.

You take route 4 to route 5, that is not so bad. There is no easy way to get to Tel Aviv anyway, traffic is always horrendous. Wink Tzomet Raanana (where Kfar Saba touches Raanana) has a direct bus to Tel Aviv. The Kfar Saba train goes by close to there as well. I believe the 531 highway (goes to Tzomet Raanana) is supposed to continue to Tel aviv but it hasn't been built yet and who knows if it will be...

I adore Raanana as one of the best cities for Anglos and am trying to get my MIL to move there within the next few years. I consider it very central to many places ad other than going to work, I wouldn't even see a great need to leave the city often as it has everything there.

Tablepoetry

Post Sat, Nov 19 2011, 11:11 am
mandksima wrote:
Tablepoetry wrote:
amother wrote:

You take route 4 to route 5, that is not so bad. There is no easy way to get to Tel Aviv anyway, traffic is always horrendous. Wink Tzomet Raanana (where Kfar Saba touches Raanana) has a direct bus to Tel Aviv. The Kfar Saba train goes by close to there as well. I believe the 531 highway (goes to Tzomet Raanana) is supposed to continue to Tel aviv but it hasn't been built yet and who knows if it will be...

I adore Raanana as one of the best cities for Anglos and am trying to get my MIL to move there within the next few years. I consider it very central to many places ad other than going to work, I wouldn't even see a great need to leave the city often as it has everything there.

Anywhere with a train is easy to get to Tel Aviv. It's easier to be based even in Binyamina, up there in the north, where you can take a train straight to Tel Aviv. Kfar Saba has a train station.
But you're right, Raanana pretty much has everything within hand's reach and if you don't work far away, there's no need to leave the city. It is a bit crowded but there are nice pockets of green in every neighbourhood.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 19 2011, 3:34 pm
Sooo.. any info on Petach Tikva and Kfar saba please?!??!?

Tablepoetry

Post Sat, Nov 19 2011, 3:44 pm
amother wrote:
Sooo.. any info on Petach Tikva and Kfar saba please?!??!?

Sorry.....I don't have detailed info. I know Petach T. has a huge dati population, there must be someone from there here. Kfar Saba certainly has a dati community also, although it's much smaller - but there are still schools there, an active Bnei Akiva, etc.
I've found that a great way to learn about different communities here is to join the anglo yahoo groups for those areas.....I don't have their addresses, you'll have to search. Join, post a question on that city, you'll get loads of answers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions