Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
You know you're on imamother too much when...
1  2  3  Next

medola

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 6:47 pm
When you call your husband “DH” when he comes home after work.

You search or post on imamother when you have a concern BEFORE calling your pediatrician, doctor, dentist, ob/gyn and/or going to the ER.

You measure your self-worth by how many stars you’ve earned under your screen name.

You’ve caught yourself trying to figure out who amother is.

You’re caught yourself trying to match a screen name to a real life person.

You evaluate your day’s events by their post-worthiness.

You censor your real-life conversations to make sure you wont “out” your anonymous posts.

You get anxiety over the possibility of accidentally posting under your username when you meant to post amother.

You eagerly peek to see if your thread title got picked on in the “Immediate reaction to thread titles.”

One of your biggest regrets is not finding/joining imamother earlier (like, say, the day after -or of- your wedding).

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 7:42 pm
OMG I thought this was going to be a joke but some of these are too true...

When your DIL has to PM you to let you know she gave birth.

You consider moving to the Far East so you can be the first one on after Shabbos... but that would be too lonely for the first few hours, so instead you move west so you can get your last posts in before Shabbos.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:09 pm
medola wrote:
When you call your husband “DH” when he comes home after work.

You search or post on imamother when you have a concern BEFORE calling your pediatrician, doctor, dentist, ob/gyn and/or going to the ER.

You measure your self-worth by how many stars you’ve earned under your screen name.

You’ve caught yourself trying to figure out who amother is.

You’re caught yourself trying to match a screen name to a real life person.

You evaluate your day’s events by their post-worthiness.

You censor your real-life conversations to make sure you wont “out” your anonymous posts.

You get anxiety over the possibility of accidentally posting under your username when you meant to post amother.

You eagerly peek to see if your thread title got picked on in the “Immediate reaction to thread titles.”

One of your biggest regrets is not finding/joining imamother earlier (like, say, the day after -or of- your wedding).

Yes embarrassed LOL

and the last one..well I applied the first day of sheva brachos (or maybe the day after the last one?) either way it was a family event that we were all waiting for Very Happy

...you add in snippets of posts from imamother when talking to your friends. ("someone I know told me...")
...the highlight of your day was how long you spent on imamother ("today I was on there for 3 hours and not once did I re-read a thread")
...you call yourself by your username when having a conversation with your dh or friend.
...when something happens you immediately log into the chat room to re-tell.
...you cannot, ever, ch"v, choose something without making sure someone on here agrees with you.
...you make a special supper because you got another star (I really did this LOL )

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:14 pm
When you start hiding your use....

Does that mean I am ready for a twelve strep program?

medola

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:22 pm
chocolate chips wrote:

...you make a special supper because you got another star (I really did this LOL )

yes that is quite an accomplishment - a true "seudas mitzvah!"

Depressed

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:28 pm
When you are in bed to be intimate, you spend a half hour telling your husb about everything you read that day on ImaMother.

medola

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 8:31 pm
lol Depressed - my DH even asks me all the time "so, what's new on imamother?" haha.

Also HE was the one who found this site and got ME hooked! (when he was doing research on moving to diff communities)

grace413

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 9:37 pm
When you get upset that somebody new started using your avatar. LOL

tryingmybest

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 11:42 pm
when your dh decides there is a need for imafather to get back at you LOL LOL

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 4:35 am
I constantly meet pppl and think "Oh, I wonder if that's chocolate moose/ra_mom/grace??" (random names that just popped into my mind now.

Today, I almost mentioned to my single assistant for my gan somehting funny that I read on Imamother "I just read something really funny yesterday on Im....on the web." lol

ewa-jo

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 4:37 am
When you make an appointment with your ob/gyn and tell him your online friends convinced you that you are pregnant.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 4:45 am
Oh, ewa_jo, when I was at the doctor yesterday, a lady who looked like your profile pic came in holding a baby, and I thought "Hey, I wonder if that's ewa_jo?" but her baby was a boy and I remembered that you had a girl. LOL

shosh

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 4:51 am
grace413 wrote:
When you get upset that somebody new started using your avatar. LOL

Yes, in my case, it's a sign that I haven't been on enough recently - someone has pinched my red butterfly!!!!!

I was always the only red butterfly on here!!!!!!!

Dimpled

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 5:09 am
hysterical!!! I am seriously rolling on the floor laughing.
Thank you for starting this thread, I needed a good laugh!

aussie2

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 5:24 am
this is such a cute thread! thanks op I was getting really frustrated while studying (I do college online) and needed a good laugh..
-I actually found that I do a couple of these things - like I tell a friend so I heard on (imamother)..I mean s/o told me that- always catching myself.
(I had a cute one to add to this thread but just forgot it..guess I'll post it when I remember)

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 5:25 am
Depressed wrote:
When you are in bed to be intimate, you spend a half hour telling your husb about everything you read that day on ImaMother.

LOL I tell dh every day what was the latest goss. on here!

Shopmiami49 wrote:

I constantly meet pppl and think "Oh, I wonder if that's chocolate moose/ra_mom/grace??" (random names that just popped into my mind now.

Today, I almost mentioned to my single assistant for my gan somehting funny that I read on Imamother "I just read something really funny yesterday on Im....on the web." lol

Yups I do this too although I find myself saying "I read on the web/someone on the web told me oh you know imamother this website...blabla" I have brought a few recruits onto this sight Smile (pat on the back!)

anonymrs

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 5:28 am
when you're having a "situation" with someone and you're thinking "I'm gonna post this on imamother and see what everyone thinks."

When you tell people, I know someone who.... or Someone told me..... or A lot of people that I know <from>....

medola

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 5:33 am
Oh, here's another one. It's a classic!

You post about some small problem you have and now you've been convinced you need THERAPY every other day for the rest of your life! (I really feel like people on here prescribe therapy as THE sole solution for EVERYTHING!)

mom2be1

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 5:48 am
You just want to nurse the baby again so you could have an excuse to be on and are dissappointed when she's done!

anonymrs

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 5:49 am
mom2be1 wrote:
You just want to nurse the baby again so you could have an excuse to be on and are dissappointed when she's done!

lol, don't tell dh about this one LOL
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics