Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Broccoli

lshap

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 3:18 pm
Finally went out and bought the Bodek Broccoli.

Now I need awesome recipes to get my kids to eat it.

TIA

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 3:29 pm
Two minutes in the pressure cooker at 15 pounds pressure will conquer it and any other hard, strange vegetable. Then top with some dressing to kill the weird taste. Oil and vinegar. Oil and lemon juice. Mayonnaise. Melted cheese if that's convenient kashrus-wise. Even ketchup - kids are like that. Soy sauce. There are some nice soy-ish sauces around these days, from Soy Vey, Iron Chef, brands like that. Perhaps, slightly undercooked, this goes into a latke. A weird green latke! Might work.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 3:38 pm
Have they ever eaten it before? Maybe they'll like it just roasted or steamed with some salt. You could also make a salad or kugel.

lshap

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 3:53 pm
They have never eaten it before and as long as it's tasty, there's no reason they should reject it.

How do I roast it- on what heat? I dont want it to wilt

I'd love salad ideas - but would it work on frozen broccoli too?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 4:00 pm
I like it steamed in the oven, then sprinkled with coarse salt.

You can also season 2 lbs. broccoli with 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, salt and pepper.

Broccoli salad def works with frozen broccoli. But needs to be totally and completely defrosted before using.

gr8cook

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 8:56 pm
Cook it with a little water and salt until tender. Make a roux with oil, flour, and garlic. Combine broccoli and roux. It's delicious.

kallah

Post Sun, Dec 18 2011, 9:53 pm
You can toss it with olive oil and garlic and roast in the oven on a high temperature until crispy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking