Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Raw sweet potato

amother

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 12:45 pm
My young daughter ate a whole,nice sized sweet potato earlier today. (I did not know about this). She is now complaining that her chest and stomach hurt. I am really nervous-can sweet potato be eaten raw??
Is it dangerous?
(Already searched google)

amother

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 12:46 pm
just wanted to clarify-she ate a whole, raw sweet potato

mandksima

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 12:59 pm
I know raw food vegans that eat sweet potato raw. They say it is fine and much healthier although I had always thought it needed to be cooked to be properly digested.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 1:02 pm
Thanks for responding! Google results scared me, so reading your response calmed me a little. I can't believe she ate a whole, huge, raw sweet potato...and liked it.
I'm thinking it may be some sort of indigestion, as her chest and stomach hurt her. I don't know...I'm still a bit nervous...

chanahlady

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 2:02 pm
Call poison control. They would definitely know if raw sweet potato is dangerous, and whether your daughter's symptoms are related to her consumption of it. You can find your local one by checking here: http://www.aapcc.org/dnn/AAPCC......aspx

amother

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 2:04 pm
called them already...he said he can't find any info about it, so that must be a good thing right?
she's sleeping now (we're in israel), can I assume if it's not waking her up, it can't be that bad?

chanahlady

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 4:26 pm
I would think if poison control isn't aware of anything wrong with raw sweet potato, it should be fine. It's their job to know about the bad stuff.

red sea

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 4:42 pm
We eat raw sweet potatoes, nothing wrong with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking