Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ma'ale adumim info please!

wispalover

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 8:45 pm
we are b'h making aliyah summer of 2012... we are 'lite' MO (read shomer shabbat, taharat mishpacha and shomer kashrut but wear pants, tank tops, dont cover hair etc), and have one 3 year old. We have pretty limited hebrew (and limited budget) and will not have a car.. we are looking for a place with anglos.. is this doable in maale adumim? and if so, what would be good areas for us to look into?

thanks!

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Dec 25 2011, 11:57 pm
There are a few older threads, try searching.

The pants won't be an issue, I honestly don't see many women even not frum ones in tank tops. T-shirts, yes. Most of the frum woman here wear skirts, but there are a few who wear pants. There are different areas of the city,you are welcome to come for a Shabbot if you would like. I will say that most of the woman who wear pants do cover their hair (at least a bit), but not all. No one will stare or make fun of you, but most people will cover their hair and / or wear skirts.

You are welcome to come visit us for a Shabbot if you like.

Marion

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 1:27 am
Come to my end of the city! 07 (Nofei Sela) is NOT the "frum" neighbourhood, but we do have dati ganim and schools, and everything/anything goes dress-wise (davka because it's not the frum neighbourhood). And there are some anglos...we'd love to see more!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions