Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
P3 vent

miami85

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 5:25 pm
I was mailed a form by the board of ed after calling and asking them to send me one. I submitted it, and got it back saying needed tax document and that I had to separate each month separately--fine I did it. I got one mailed back b/c it was missing a signature, and oh by the way here's the "correct" form--what did I have before? Now I got the other 2 back. why didn't they send me the right form in September?

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 12:38 am
I don't know about a correct/incorrect form, but mine came with very clear instructions to send the W9 and to put each month on a separate invoice, and the lines for the signatures are quite clear too.

Nobody ever said anything about having the wrong form, but once I got my invoices back saying I didn't submit a W9 (I could have sworn I did) and once I got them all back saying I didn't send the P4 - but the joke was that the P4 was right there in the envelope, sent back with the note saying it wasn't there. I simply put it back in the envelope (with a post-it flag on the desired page), switched the addresses, and put it back in the mail. Got paid a few weeks later.

The first time(s) can be frustrating until you figure out how the whole system wants to work, but then you just keep doing the same thing until it doesn't hurt anymore Wink

One tip: I usually wait a few months and then do a few together, so that I don't need to constantly repeat the headaches. Call it procrastination but I think it really does save me quite a bit of time and energy. Instead of losing something again every month, they only get one chance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics