Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Graphics designers out there....

oster

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 1:37 pm
I have a question. I have a spread sheet on indesign, I saved it as a pdf, as I wanted to run a action on it in photoshop and then bring it back to indesign. When I bring it back (saved as a pdf) it comes out very pixelated.
What is the best way to this without losing quality.

Thanks

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 1:44 pm
What's the action that you want to do?

Thing is, even though the file is technically a PDF, once you've worked on it in Photoshop, the text becomes an image which means it becomes pixelated.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 3:11 pm
Pixelization is a raster graphics problem. When you brought the pdf into Photoshop, you changed the graphic from vector, which is resolution-independent, to raster, which is not.

Make sure the the resolution is high --- at least 300 dpi -- when you bring the pdf into Photoshop.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 01 2012, 3:50 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Pixelization is a raster graphics problem. When you brought the pdf into Photoshop, you changed the graphic from vector, which is resolution-independent, to raster, which is not.

Make sure the the resolution is high --- at least 300 dpi -- when you bring the pdf into Photoshop.

If the text is small, 300 dpi may not be high enough -- you may need 600 dpi -- and that will make quite a large file.

Why don't you explain what you want to accomplish with the Photoshop action and maybe we can find a better way to do it without needing to make a raster graphic out of the PDF.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics