Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
ISO Strong cupcake holders!
1  2  Next

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 8:46 am
I want to make lots of cranberry apple kugels in individual cupcake holders for DS' Bar mitzvah in a few weeks. I often serve this kugel in regular cupcake holders, and within a few hours the holders become translucent and greasy looking.

Any suggestions where I can get STRONG cupcake holders that won't look greasy, and will hold up well to freezing and being transported to a shul without looking sad and wrinkled?

TIA:)

Liba

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 8:47 am
For kugel I use foil cupcake liners. The ones I have are made by Reynolds.

mizle10

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 8:54 am
I also use foil ones, but they don't look that nice.

Liba

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 8:57 am
You can put paper ones over the foil ones right before you serve. I wouldn't freeze or store in them since the outside of the foil gets a bit greasy.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 8:58 am
Thanks. If I don't find anything else, I'll go with the foil ones.

On Purim, someone gave my MIL gorgeous mini pecan pies is these really strong and pretty cupcake holders. They were ruffled, rather than pleated, around the edges, and they felt like they were made of a cardboard the quality of which is similar to that cardboard inside a pantyhose package!

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 8:59 am
Why do you need them at all?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 9:01 am
Do you think these are REALLY greeseproof?

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/s.....-SLV/

mizle10

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 9:01 am
I know what else you can use. Chad peamit used to sell (I haven't been there in a while) 6 dark brown cardboard cupcake holders (maybe with a gold design on them?) that were connected. You bake them and then tear them apart. They're pretty but I never used them so I can't say they're forsure better than regular paper ones.

shoemaker

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 9:17 am
GO TO NOVACART USA. COM CHECK IT OUT I LIKE THE CUP CAKE HOLDERS.GOOD LUCK.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:19 am
shoemaker wrote:
GO TO NOVACART USA. COM CHECK IT OUT I LIKE THE CUP CAKE HOLDERS.GOOD LUCK.

I think these are the ones I saw on Purim: Baking Cups PBA 01, 02, 03 Floret Cup at http://www.novacartusa.com/

The site is lousy, though. Poor navigation and no pricing or ability to order online! I'll call them tomorrow. Ahhh, I see I need a $100 minimum!!! Rolling Eyes

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:21 am
Again, you do you need anything at all?

Liba

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:23 am
Yesha, how do you get the kugels out of the cupcake pans if you don't use liners?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:24 am
YESHASettler wrote:
Again, you do you need anything at all?

I didn't notice your first post here.

Because standard cupcake holders get greasy within a few hours of holding my cranberry apple kugel. My recipe cannot be served without a cupcake holder, as it looks too mushy and messy - it doesn't hold it's shape.

And I need to make these a month in advance of the Bar Mitzvah, and transport them, without having them look greasy and wrinkled, KWIM?

Raisin

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:29 am
I've seen silicon cupcake holders in dollar stores. Would that work?

Liba

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:31 am
Raisin, can you imagine buying 50-100 or more of those and then having to collect and wash them after? I couldn't see doing it myself. Smile They may be strong, but they aren't practical for large crowds.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:33 am
My DIL made a similar thing (it was apple/cherry -- recipe called for strawberries and she substituted cherry) in silicone cupcake pans and they came out of the pans perfectly and held their shape. She froze them and defrost them and they were perfect. If you want the recipe she used let me know and I'll get it (I'm sure you could sub cranberry for the cherry or strawberry).

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:36 am
Liba, I have a few silicon muffin pans that make making kugelettes quite easy.

Sorry, T&P, I didn't realize what you were making was more of a cobbler than a kugel. I've seen in many of the chad pe'ami stores the muffin holders a previous poster mentioned - it's a lightweight cardboard sold usually in sheets of 24 with cardboard brown serrated tops so you can bake it as a sheet an then separate individually.

I'll be in Jerusalem on Tuesday. If I see these, I'll take a photo and post it so you know exactly what we're talking about.

BTW, the shekel store near me also sells disposable, aluminium muffin singles pans....

smoms

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 10:45 am
Try Peppermill in BP.

http://www.thepeppermillinc.co.....0pans

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Jan 20 2012, 10:34 am
smoms, I ordered them from the Peppermill, thanks so much! They were not cheap, but they were exactly what I needed.

Here's a photo:

And here they are raw, being filled:

Liba

Post Sat, Jan 21 2012, 12:01 pm
Smile very nice!! Enjoy your simcha!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics