Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Israel--stroller recommendations
1  2  Next

catonmylap

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 9:13 am
Anyone in Israel have any recommendations?

I want something very light weight as we don't have a car.

What's the story with the doctor baby brand? Are they really bad? I see so many on the street, I'm guessing because they are so cheap.

Anyone spend the $ on the buggster? Is it worth it?

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 2:07 pm
The lightest stroller on the market (as far as I know) is the Peg Perego Aria. My sister in law has the double, and she loves it. (She had the Doctor Baby for her first, and said she'd get something different for her 2nd.) However (big however, for me) it is NOT one hand fold. We got the Graco, despite it's weight, because it was the easiest one hand fold. We also don't have a car, but I'm very happy with the stroller.

Batya

Post Wed, Nov 22 2006, 4:14 pm
My first stroller was a Peg Venice and although very strong and sturdy (lasted 6 years and has been through a lot) it was quite heavy now I bought a doctor baby and I love it. It is light and very comfy for the baby
Good Luck

mumof1

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 4:17 am
I live in israel too, I have a peg pliko p3 it is not the lightest stroller, however it is very very strong I am bumping it up and down all day and it holds up great.
the maclaren is the lightest stroller out there but there is not bar in the front.
my little boy gives me a hard time strapping him in Smile
about dr. baby, I know someone whos stroller collapsed with the baby in it, one of the legs became loose and snapped.
I hear the aria is not easy to push.
I suggest you go to chasdei shmuel in ezrat torah and sample push or lift some strollers, that way you will get the best for you.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 6:53 am
Because we don't have a car yet, and even if we did DH would take it, I probably will get a stroller which has an infant seat that snaps on top. It will double as a car seat for when I need to take taxis.

Not sure which brand we'll be getting and depending on whether family comes in from the States, we may ask them to bring it in.

catonmylap

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 10:21 am
I was initially thinking like you were Kmelion. But in the store, the salesman showed me how much heavier the ones with the carseats were. It doesn't seem worth it for the amount we will be taking cabs. On a daily basis, we will be dragging strollers upstairs, so I want the lightest one. The carseat attachement ones are better for people with cars. I also heard it is less comfortable for the baby.

Marion

Post Sun, Nov 26 2006, 3:53 pm
catonmylap wrote:
I was initially thinking like you were Kmelion. But in the store, the salesman showed me how much heavier the ones with the carseats were. It doesn't seem worth it for the amount we will be taking cabs. On a daily basis, we will be dragging strollers upstairs, so I want the lightest one. The carseat attachement ones are better for people with cars. I also heard it is less comfortable for the baby.

We got a travel system, even without a car. We lived on the 3rd floor, in a walkup (no elevator). Yes, the travel systems are heavier. So we bought a long bike lock and locked the stroller (not carseat) to the railing in the lobby. But you DO need (by law) a carseat to take a taxi with a baby, and I haven't yet met a company that can provide one. A carseat/infant carrier that snaps onto a base is a lot less of a hassle to schlep than one that you have to carry separately. And you can always just get a Snap 'n Go at the beginning. It's just a metal frame that the carseat snaps into, not a full stroller.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 7:53 am
The Peg Perego Venezia is 17 lbs. and if you buy the Viaggo infant seat it locks onto the Venezia. I think we're going to end up getting these... this way I have the carriage/stroller WITH an infant seat I can attach to it should I need it.

mumof1

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 8:25 am
the peg carseat is of the most expensive ones.
a snap and go frame with a graco carseat is the same $
I bought it here so I can tell you $ wise and convenience wise the snap and go and a veenzia is a better choice.
the graco carseat also fits the baby up to 1 year,

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 8:30 am
Someone mentioned that with the Venezia, only the Perego infant carriers/seats will properly lock in place.

And if it's the same money, what's the difference?

mumof1

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 8:33 am
if u have the snap n go its not as heavy and u r not putting so much wear onn ur stroller
sorry holding baby

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 8:46 am
no prob Smile Thanks for the input.

Specs on the Snap n Go put it only 5 lbs lighter than the Venezia. Since I live in a house, and not in a walk-up apartment, schlepping-wise it's not that much different.

I'm going to do some more investigating, but 15 years ago when my oldest was born, I had a Perego, which I really liked. My mother and I walked into the baby furniture store, I looked a few things over and decided. It was so much easier before the availability of the internet Smile Of course then I was also living in NYC, which also afforded me a huge selection.

Of course, here in Israel there seems to be less of a selection and of course, it's all a fortune.

My FIL and SIL may be coming in when the baby is born so there's a chance I'll be able to get whaever I want and the'll bring it with them.

I was lookin at playpens and saw a great Graco pen for $100. Yeah, good luck finding that HERE. And apparently Graco is the only company that still makes wind-up baby swings... and I saw that on sale for $50.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 12:06 pm
FWIW, my Zooper Waltz is 16 lbs. and car seat compatible (including Graco car seats), as well as being suitable for newborns without a car seat...if that's shayich for anyone, I would recommend taking a look into it. It's cheaper than the Venezia.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 1:02 pm
but it doesn't go from carriage to stroller like the Perego does.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 1:52 pm
Kmelion wrote:

True...although since it reclines fully, and has netting that surrounds the whole thing, for all intents and purposes, it's like a carriage, other than the fact that 1) it's not raised and 2) it doesn't face the pusher...but if that bothers you, then I guess it's not shayich Smile

Marion

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 2:55 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Kmelion wrote:

True...although since it reclines fully, and has netting that surrounds the whole thing, for all intents and purposes, it's like a carriage, other than the fact that 1) it's not raised and 2) it doesn't face the pusher...but if that bothers you, then I guess it's not shayich Smile

I always just used the carseat/carrier if I really wanted him facing me.?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 3:01 pm
Marion wrote:
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Kmelion wrote:

I always just used the carseat/carrier if I really wanted him facing me.?

Here too. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but different people look for different features.

mumof1

Post Mon, Nov 27 2006, 3:49 pm
as far as switching from bassinet to stroller, the venezia is the best

catonmylap

Post Wed, Dec 27 2006, 5:15 am
Update--we ordered the Inglesina Zippy with a carseat from Graco. I decided there was no other way we were going to get through our NY trip without a carseat that can attach.
I narrowed it to the Zippy and Peg Perego. And we both liked the Zippy more, it was slightly cheaper, the carseat to go with it was a lot a cheaper and was available without a base. A base seemed like a real nuisance if you don't actually have a car. The zippy was also much easier to fold.

I was scared of the Israeli brands in the end because I see so few Americans with them. The American brands didn't make sense to buy in Israel--and were heavier for the most part.

Marion

Post Wed, Dec 27 2006, 8:11 am
The weight was exactly why I didn't buy a Zippy when I was looking for a smaller-folding umbrella stroller. It was the only one with one hand fold but if it was that heavy I figured I may as well stick with my big bulky Graco.

Doesn't Inglesina make a compatible carseat for the Zippy?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics