Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Tons of peppers!

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:20 am
I have tons of peppers- yellow, red, orange and green. They were on sale for $.99 a lb and I overdid it Smile
ISO side dish with peppers. Anyone?
I'm having my inlaws for shabbos Smile
Thanks!

CatLady

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:22 am
Roasted peppers - these freeze well. You can make a large batch and put some aside for another time.
Stuffed peppers
Red pepper soup
Stirfried peppers and onions in garlic-tomato sauce

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:28 am
CatLady wrote:
Roasted peppers - these freeze well. You can make a large batch and put some aside for another time.
Stuffed peppers
Red pepper soup

Would you have these recipes?
Thanks!

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:30 am
roasted pepper
stuffed peppers
matbucha
ratatouille
pepper lasagne

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:37 am
chocolate chips wrote:
roasted pepper
stuffed peppers
matbucha
ratatouille
pepper lasagne

Could you post these recipes? Sounds great too!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:41 am
My family loves roasted peppers, and it's so colorful too. Just cut the peppers up into wide strips, and place in a 9X13 pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano to taste. Roast uncovered at 425 for 20-30 minutes, till the tops start to look slightly blackened and roasted. Try to keep any kids who resemble mine away from them until dinner!

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:44 am
Ratatouille:
http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....gj594

matbucha:
fry a couple onions, add as many chopped peppers as you want (3-6) and a can of crushed tomatoes. Salt, lots of black and white pepper, drop of cayenne pepper (really you can spice it however you like).
Cover with lid and leave on low for 2-4 hours.

(here is another yummy recipe http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....gj594 )

pepper lasagne:
I use this lasagne recipe http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....gj594
but instead of mushrooms etc I just add extra peppers.

saweetie

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:49 am
search for Pepper quiche on here...I posted a gr8 recipe a while back

SS6099

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 11:00 am
Thanks all! Now I need to decide.....

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 11:09 am
Chayalle wrote:
My family loves roasted peppers, and it's so colorful too. Just cut the peppers up into wide strips, and place in a 9X13 pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano to taste. Roast uncovered at 425 for 20-30 minutes, till the tops start to look slightly blackened and roasted. Try to keep any kids who resemble mine away from them until dinner!

BTW if there are any leftovers, you can make upscale roasted pepper sandwiches for lunch. Just spread your favorite club or rye with cream cheese, and top with warm roasted peppers. Yum!

CatLady

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 11:40 am
Quote:

Not really a recipe: Take a pile of peppers (1-1.5 peppers per person) cut into strips and one Spanish or sweet onion, then saute in olive oil until starting to soften. (The amount of oil is up to your taste and conscience - I go very lightly!) Then add a can of tomato sauce and about 1 T. of chopped garlic. I don't add the garlic with the veggies because it is likely to burn and become unpleasant. Heat through, and either serve over pasta or on its own. You can use this to top meatloaf, stuff an omelette, reheat with meatballs for an awesome submarine sandwich, etc.

shoemaker

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 1:24 pm
MARINATED PEPERS.

shanie5

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 10:59 pm
1-
Saute peppers and onions. add ketchup, salt pepper and garlic powder. Take a loaf of gefilte fish, unwrap it and put in a baking pan. Pour pepper mixture over it. Bake for 2 hours uncovered.

2-use sphagettini,or fettachuni noodles.

fry onions, red pepper, and green peppers.( as much as you want)

dressing

1/2 cup soya sauce
1/2 oil
1/2 cup sugar

this dressing is enough for a full box of noodles, so if you use less noodles, cut down on the dressing.

I got this one from another thread here on imamother

supermama2

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 11:02 pm
Peppers freeze really well. Just dice them and put some in the freezer if you can't use all of them right away.

Simple1

Post Wed, Feb 22 2012, 11:09 pm
SarahO. wrote:
Peppers freeze really well. Just dice them and put some in the freezer if you can't use all of them right away.

I heard that true, but when I defrosted my frozen peppers, they were a soggy mess.

merpk

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 4:01 am
Old thread, but anyway, pepper salad. No cooking involved, just some slicing and chopping.

Slice 'em into strips. The more colors, the better.

Dressing: Mix a whole bunch of chopped garlic, as many cloves of it as you have patience to chop, and chopped parsley, and, oh, 3 or 4 tbsp lemon juice. (You can add a little sugar if you don't have kids who'll start bouncing off walls when they ingest it.) Add olive oil (1/3 cup, maybe more) and mix some more.

Pour on the peppers, s&p to taste (we leave out the p).

The dressing left in the bowl is our "shoom v'shemen" on Shabbos night. Wipes up great with khallah. :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes