Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
DH is a terrible spender!

happy2Bamommy

Post Sun, Feb 26 2012, 10:19 pm
How can I teach DH the value of money? He always spends every last dime and even borrows money to be able to buy unnecessary things. He maxes out the credit cards without any plan where to pay it up from. He's constantly looking to get new credit cards and uses it up until there isn't anymore credit. My FIL always pushes cash into his pockets and every dollar that he has he spends.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Feb 26 2012, 10:40 pm
Cut up the credit cards and start making a monthly budget. My husband and I use Google docs spreadsheets for it.

Also, tell you FIL to stop.

happy2Bamommy

Post Mon, Feb 27 2012, 8:13 am
YESHASettler, I already told my FIL numerous times to stop giving it to him. He gives it to him anyway because he feels that he wants to be a devoted parent to his son and he can't see his son suffering that we can't buy necessary things. That's because all the money was spent on unnecessary things.

I took away all the credit cards from DH so that it shouldn't be in his reach anymore. He just went and opened another one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics