Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to give hubby for completeing Shas?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 11:43 am
I"h this August, when the siyum hashas is happening, my hubby will be finishing Shas for the first time. I am so proud of him, and I really wanna get him something super special. He wont' let me make a big siyum for him so I have to do a gift. Of course something Jewish would be appropriate. Any ideas?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 12:04 pm
Wow, that's so exciting!

Why don't you wander around your local Judaic store and see what he might like? What's your budget?

Challah cover, silver becher, shiurim on mp3 for his commute, esrog box, Megillas Esther, leather zemiros/bencher set, Menorah, etc...

Sherri

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 12:08 pm
I don't have any ideas right now-- just want to wish you 2 congratulations. May you and your husband go michayil lichayil!

amother

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 12:12 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Wow, that's so exciting!

Why don't you wander around your local Judaic store and see what he might like? What's your budget?

Challah cover, silver becher, shiurim on mp3 for his commute, esrog box, Megillas Esther, leather zemiros/bencher set, Menorah, etc...

I was actually thinking of getting him a menorah cuz he was using the silver one that he got as a bar mitzvah gift but it broke last year beyond repair. Problem is, the budget. I kinda have no money, but I'm really hoping that somehow I'll come up with some money by August. So I'm just looking for ideas and I'll have to try to come up with the money somehow cuz I just can't let this ocassion pass without giving him something, he's worked so hard....its gonna be 7 years!

black sheep

wow, mazal tov, that is a really incredible accomplishment! T&P's idea is good, I would suggest sfarim but it would depend on if you know which sfarim your husband wants/needs.

amother

Sherri wrote:
I don't have any ideas right now-- just want to wish you 2 congratulations. May you and your husband go michayil lichayil!

Thank you! Amen!

campmommy

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 12:29 pm
Mazel Tov! How about looking into a stand on the floor shtender (assuming he doesn't have one or could use a new one). I don't know the price range, but I'm guessing they're cheaper than silver. (I could be totally off)
May he continue michayil l'chayil together with his eishes chayil!

black sheep

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 12:39 pm
just read your post about budgeting, I don't think its about the gift but rather about showing him how much you appreciate his hard work and how proud you are of his accomplishment. why don't you write him a poem? if you start now, write a rough draft, you will have time to work on it and make it really awesome by august. maybe give it to him with a framed pic of himself learning gemara.

studying_torah

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 12:44 pm
That is so special and beautiful!
Can you get him tickets to attend the Siyum Hashas?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, that's so exciting!

I was actually thinking of getting him a menorah cuz he was using the silver one that he got as a bar mitzvah gift but it broke last year beyond repair. Problem is, the budget. I kinda have no money, but I'm really hoping that somehow I'll come up with some money by August. So I'm just looking for ideas and I'll have to try to come up with the money somehow cuz I just can't let this ocassion pass without giving him something, he's worked so hard....its gonna be 7 years!

You can get a very nice silver-plated Menorah for $30 or so. And you can write a card about how the Menorah in the Bais Hamikdash was symbolic of the light of Torah! As the wife of such a Talmud Chacham, I'm confident you can figure out how to express this idea in a wonderful way!

boysrus

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 1:02 pm
WOW! WOW! WOW! That is amazing! Make sure your DH knows how proud you are of him. and it is great chinuch - if you have kids make sure they hear all about it!!!
MAZAL TOV!

amother

Post Fri, Mar 02 2012, 1:48 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, that's so exciting!

You can get a very nice silver-plated Menorah for $30 or so. And you can write a card about how the Menorah in the Bais Hamikdash was symbolic of the light of Torah! As the wife of such a Talmud Chacham, I'm confident you can figure out how to express this idea in a wonderful way!

I love that idea! (the bolded above). Thanx for the ideas e/o! (if anyone has more, feel free to add). I'm pretty sure he already bought tickets to the siyum
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics