Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How do you dress you kids????
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

happywife

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 11:32 pm
By the way for those who like gymboree, cr@zy 8 is similar in style but cheaper

Fabulous

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 11:39 pm
emesornt wrote:
Barbara wrote:
amother wrote:
OP here...I happen to like the GAP style also- my baby is a 11 month old girl, and this season they had adorable stuff for her for every day...I dont mind shopping in stores like these, I just really enjoy when shes wearing a stunning outfit from jacadi...I love clothes!

Don't you worry about her destroying expensive clothes? At 11 months, I assume that she enjoys feeding herself messy things, playing with goopy things, and running around and making a mess.

Or maybe that's just me.

Personally, I find that you get what you pay for. If you pay for cheap clothes, and it gets dirty, chances are it will get ruined. If you pay a bit more, the clothes tend to wash better. I never buy childrens place because it washed so terribly…

The better quality clothes hold up better the children playing. It's worth it in the long run.

I don't agree either. I bought some expensive shabbos stuff from the Jewish stores for last Pesach and after Pesach it was in the garbage because no matter what I did, the stains didn't come out. I have a bunch of children's place stuff that I soak overnight in Oxyclean and it comes out beautifully. Never had to throw out any of his stuff from them.

shnitzel

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 12:31 am
emesornt wrote:
Strange. I have never had problems with gymboree. In fact, my baby is wearing things his older brother wore 6 years ago. I've lent it to a friend in the interim and besides my two boys, her two boys used it. So it's been used 4 times before getting to my baby! Maybe it has to do with how you wash it? I don't know.

Someone to.d me that children's place and Gymboree switched in the past few years. Gymboree used to be more washable and children's place less so and now it is the opposite.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 7:43 am
My kids wear hand me downs from family (BH they have great taste and buy decent quality clothes)

I do LOVE looking at nice clothes for my kids but I rarely ever buy unless its in the sale and I cant resist.
I do get extras for the baby from cheaper shops.

Basically I didnt pick my kids clothes so dont get ideas about anything based on how I dress them. I love the clothes given to me but I know I wouldnt have picked some of them. I think its a blessing, my kids have better dress sense and style than me!!!

JollyMommy

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 5:24 pm
Btw zulily.com is great, but you have to keep looking. I got my 5 year old son gorgeous leather shabbos shoes for $10.99. They sometimes ship fast and sometimes it takes many weeks, so be careful if you need it asap.

abcd123

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 8:25 am
anyone know any clothing stores in monsey besides for prince and princess which has been mentioned in this thread? even basement/house stores would be helpful....thanks!

abcd123

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 8:26 am
anyone know any clothing stores in monsey besides for prince and princess which has been mentioned in this thread? even basement/house stores would be helpful....thanks!

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 8:51 am
I buy most of my little kids clothes online. Mainly EBay & always brand new.
You can pick up great designer clothes , French makes etc for a fraction of what you'd pay in a store.
If I see something good in a bigger size I'll be for next season.
My little girl is the best dressed girl in kinder & I don't even need to leave home!

mom2be1

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 8:58 am
abcd123 wrote:

Shaindy's in the shoppers haven?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 9:47 am
Try Whoopie, F & F, Shaindy's, and there is a new store that opened up accross from Rockland Kosher called "the childrens outlet"- they sell stuff for reallyyy cheap. I baught my baby a hat there for $4 tha tI saw in Shaindys for $12- exact same thing. They sell the same strechies for a quarter of the price- Im not so sure which size they go up to, but deff give it a try

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 9:56 am
abcd123 wrote:

Try Baby Dreams on Ralph. They have some stuff. Not a lot, but enough.

abcd123

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 10:29 am
someone mentioned eidensons to me recently... anybody know about this... it it a store or a house? where is it located? what type of stuff do they carry?

Barbara

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 10:32 am
Culturedpearls wrote:
You can pick up great designer clothes , French makes etc for a fraction of what you'd pay in a store.
My little girl is the best dressed girl in kinder & I don't even need to leave home!

This is great for boys too. So many Xtians buy high-end blazers and ties for little boys for Easter and/or Xmas, wear them once, then sell them on ebay. DS always had gorgeous, designer blazers that I paid $5 to $10 for.

db815

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 10:41 am
I never even thought to shop on ebay!! CUlturedpears, what brand of clothes do you find?? Like designer? And its brand new??

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 10:42 am
Barbara wrote:
Culturedpearls wrote:

This is great for boys too. So many Xtians buy high-end blazers and ties for little boys for Easter and/or Xmas, wear them once, then sell them on ebay. DS always had gorgeous, designer blazers that I paid $5 to $10 for.

I bought some fancy fancy designer dresses for my daughter on Ebay... $50 for 13 pieces of clothing. The lady I bought it from has money and she has one daughter, so when the daughter outgrows the stuff, she has nothing else to do with it. I love people like that. Wink

My motto is, we will keep having children until all the children's clothes we have wear out.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 11:08 am
Fabulous wrote:
emesornt wrote:
Barbara wrote:
amother wrote:
OP here...I happen to like the GAP style also- my baby is a 11 month old girl, and this season they had adorable stuff for her for every day...I dont mind shopping in stores like these, I just really enjoy when shes wearing a stunning outfit from jacadi...I love clothes!

Don't you worry about her destroying expensive clothes? At 11 months, I assume that she enjoys feeding herself messy things, playing with goopy things, and running around and making a mess.

Or maybe that's just me.

Personally, I find that you get what you pay for. If you pay for cheap clothes, and it gets dirty, chances are it will get ruined. If you pay a bit more, the clothes tend to wash better. I never buy childrens place because it washed so terribly…

The better quality clothes hold up better the children playing. It's worth it in the long run.

I don't agree either. I bought some expensive shabbos stuff from the Jewish stores for last Pesach and after Pesach it was in the garbage because no matter what I did, the stains didn't come out. I have a bunch of children's place stuff that I soak overnight in Oxyclean and it comes out beautifully. Never had to throw out any of his stuff from them.

I don't find that the Jewish stores clothes are so high quality...I buy some of the stuff for my kids because of tznius concerns, or because they want to wear what all their classmates are wearing (at a certain age. Now they've outgrown that.) But I cringe at the prices I pay for the junk I am getting.

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 4:30 pm
db815 wrote:
I never even thought to shop on ebay!! CUlturedpears, what brand of clothes do you find?? Like designer? And its brand new??

All brand new. I search for different French labels with the words "new, bnwt or nwt". There are very wealthy people who buy tons of clothes & their kids don't wear them.

I've bought IKKS, Jean Bourget, Lili Gaufrette, Catamini & more. A quick search through other items these sellers are selling will bring up more stuff. Even my kids bathers are French designer & they were cheaper than going to target.
It's a good idea to widen your search to Worldwide as there are really great designer euro brands from UK etc.
These clothes wash & wear beautifully & I've passed them down from one child to the next.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 4:44 pm
For the school year they wear uniforms and for Sunday's they wear sweaters from Childrens Place my son wears shirts from Old Navy. In the Summer I get long sleeve high necked shirts from Walmart they wash just fine and look nice enough and good cotton- It's great to enjoy $ if you have it but why waste it? Also what do you do if your child gets a stain? Do you get upset that you spent so much $ and now you have to toss it? I'd rather my kids be able to play in their clothing, also who said name brand is better? No offense but even if I had the $ I wouldn't buy something with a logo - all you are doing is helping them advertise all the clothing is made in China! Smile Don't forget all the missing clothing that is in the daycamp lost and found, I wouldn't want to spend $50 on an outfit that my kid looses by mistake! Let them be kids Smile!

db815

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 4:46 pm
Thanks, culturedpearls! I cant believe you find that stuff for so cheap. I'll deff check it out.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 15 2012, 5:07 pm
What designer brands do you buy online?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics