Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Questions regarding computer purchase, opinion needed

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 1:10 pm
1. I used to have a desktop and a laptop. Desktop died today. Was very old. If I get a second laptop, itll save space in the house. What is the major drawback of no longer having a desktop?

2. Someone recommended this laptop as a good deal:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/app.....56123

BUT I just paid for 1 year of Dell software tech support that covers all Dell computers in my home for a year, not other brands.

Are the below Dell computers a good idea, even though theyre more money than the Acer because Id lose out on software support from Dell if I have a problem?

These two Dells are similar but the more expensive one has a bigger screen, and is slightly faster.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/app.....40107

http://www.tigerdirect.com/app.....56104

Anyone have any other ideas? TIA

Who helps you decide about computer purchases?

yummydd

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 1:15 pm
Laptops break much easier, I just got a new desktop after seeing a few laptops go... You carry it around I assume so its more likely to fall. It also has much less memory capability. Somehow for heavy work a desktop is definitely the way to go.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 1:21 pm
if you had an old bulky computer moniter you will find the new moniters are much thinner and smaller. You can also get smaller computers (the tower itself is smaller), for example a mac mini, so they don't take up much more space then a laptop. (these might have less space or power then regular computers, but ask around in a computer shop)

I find a desktop quicker and more comfortable to use.

Of course, you do need a desk or space for it, however small the screen or computer is.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Mar 20 2012, 1:47 pm
donno what you'll buy but B&H it known to usually have the best price on these things.

here is the link. its $50 cheaper. was just know there looking for something else and thought I'll check... Smile

this is the faster laptop, the other one (the cheaper) is discontinued at B&H...
B&H Laptop
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics