Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sinaya Wigs or Katie

Mommycookies

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 7:20 pm
Has anyone here ever heard of either a Sinaya wig or a Katie wig?

If so can you please share your opinion on the comfort of the cap, quality of hair and the price you paid?
What is your satisfaction level?

Thanks!!

melalyse

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 12:35 pm
Yes, I just got a Katie and yes I never heard of it before I got it. It is very new and has not been washed since I've gotten it. The hair is seems good and the cap is very comfortable. I am not such a sheitel wearer so I am probably not the best critic. I won this sheitel so I don't know exactly how much it was, but I think around 1800. So far I am happy with it.

sarahd

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 1:10 pm
I have a Sinaya. I paid £1000 for it. I am not ecstatic over it, but that might be because I'm not thrilled with the cut. I find it very itchy, the cap is tight and the hair looks greasy in front, although it's not bad quality. Maybe it needs to be washed, I don't know. Also, I'm comparing it to my custom sheitel (I.e., custom made for me, including cap and all) which was probably the best sheitel I'll ever have the fortune to own and was cut by one of the best sheitel cutters I know of.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 1:14 pm
My sister got a katie. She paid 900GBP I think. She is very happy with it and I tried it on it is extremely light and comfortable.
I also washed and set it for her. It is gorgeous thick hair (but it does not look thick on her haid, it looks very sleek) and easy to wash. It also dried beautifully and looked like new afterwards.

edited to ask: where can you get them in NY?

yc

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 1:38 am
I have a custom from Sinaya (I'm in Israel) and she measured the cap, chose the hair for me etc.
I have only been wearing the sheitel for about a month (pretty much every day) and I am very happy with it. it looks great and I've gotten tons of compliments on it. It is very comfortable as well. To the above poster who wasn't thrilled with hers - if the cap is tight, that is not related to the quality of the wig but the fit on you personally. I have another friend who has a Sinaya for 5 years already and she is very happy with it.
In short I highly recommend Sinaya's sheitels.
I don't know anything about Katie.
Good luck!

write on

Post Wed, May 02 2012, 9:22 am
I own a Sinaya. She charges 6800 shekels for the length I paid, which is past my shoulders. she does a fantastic job and she's a wonderful person, but I am in israel so I get the immediate service here, straight from her (she sews them herself, in her salon). I'm really happy with it--the hair is amazing. but I chose it myself and I'm a feinshmekker, so I was able to choose really amazing hair. I think you need to know what you're doing when you design it from scratch, although she is definitely out to please her customers--she would never knowingly sell anyone something less-than, imo. my sheitel does tangle in the back and she tried to change out the hair three times but it didn't help, so I've just made peace with it. but I'm really impressed with sinaya. I would probably buy another one from her.

Dini20

Post Sat, Nov 09 2013, 9:59 pm
I know this thread is old but where can I get a sinaya in new york?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels