Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Moving far away & Leaving behind my best friend- Gift Id

medola

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 8:56 pm
I live in a notoriously transient community and it looks like the time has come for us to be the ones that are saying our good-byes.
It's hard to get close to anyone here because everyone moves away. :-(
(It's a college town - so people come and get their degrees, and then move on to places where the housing is more affordable)
Over the years that we've been in this community, I have made some great friends. One person stands out as a really one of a kind friend and I actually feel guilty for leaving, since we've grown so close.

Anyway, I'm looking for a
cute or funny or corny
or useful or sentimental
or functional or nonfunctional
or sparkly or etc
gift for her.

It can be jewelry, or a mug, or something else entirely.
Probably something that comes in a set of 2, or I can order 2 of, so we both have matching pieces...

It can be totally corny too, like a "best friends forever / BFF " two halves of a heart necklace- just because it's funny and reminds me of middle school. hehe. LOL
But if it is something like that, it can't be too embarrassing that she'd never wear it.

If not jewelry, then it would be nice to find something that she would use or see every day as a little reminder of our friendship.

She's into organic/natural stuff, cooking, horses, cats, art, etc.

Please, I'm open to any and all suggestions - include links and you get extra credit!

TIA :-)

medola

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:00 pm
I've been browsing and just came across this one:

(it's a plaque / ornament)
It's funny and so true, but is it too useless? Hmm..?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:08 pm
This necklace is cool. It's sterling silver and reads, "A True Friend Is Someone Who Knows The Song In Your Heart And Can Sing It Back To You When You Have Forgotten The Words".

Sherri

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:14 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
This necklace is cool. It's sterling silver and reads, "A True Friend Is Someone Who Knows The Song In Your Heart And Can Sing It Back To You When You Have Forgotten The Words".
I like.

medola

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:14 pm
Wow thanks T&P that necklace is so lovely!
I'm definitely considering getting it. And it's nice that it won't break the bank. ;-)

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:15 pm
medola wrote:
I'm definitely considering getting it. And it's nice that it won't break the bank. ;-)

Wow, thanks; I'm so glad to be useful while I sit on the couch and imagine that I ought to clean the kitchen one of these hours....

medola

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 9:31 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
medola wrote:

Wow, thanks; I'm so glad to be useful while I sit on the couch and imagine that I ought to clean the kitchen one of these hours....

Oh yes -- I KNOW how that goes!! Sounds all too familiar! ;-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics