Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Yikes...just got tuition letter for TI in Baltimore!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 11:06 am
OMG, I need to go to coccoccinos and get a huge iced coffee to relax.

Elementary school: $9950
Preschool: $8900

meet you all at cococcinos in an hour. You treat... LOL because I need to start saving!!

(BH, it is a wonderful school and worth every penny!)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 11:10 am
Is it really so different from this year?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 11:11 am
To really save money you would do what I did on Sunday, make your own iced coffee. Delicious.

Smile

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 11:18 am
TA is a similar price, middle school for my oldest two DS's is even more...
this is my worst time about this time of year, filling in tuition reduction application forms, we can't pay full tuition unfortunately . My DH is filling a vital role in our community's kids chinuch and my qualifications are not enough to earn me a decent salary and at this point of my life I am just too busy wiht my little kids to retrain. Sad . I hate hate hate filling in these forms and asking for scholarships.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 11:41 am
I pay $13K per kid for a mediocre education at a school I don't particularly like. Oh the sacrifices we make for spouses who insist on living out of town (st louis) where there are few schooling options. Hmm, Baltmore sounds like an improvement and driving distance to NY....

sarahd

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 11:53 am
That was tuition at my son's school this year. I don't think they'll be going up, b"h.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:
OMG, I need to go to coccoccinos and get a huge iced coffee to relax.

Elementary school: $9950
Preschool: $8900

meet you all at cococcinos in an hour. You treat... LOL because I need to start saving!!

(BH, it is a wonderful school and worth every penny!)

So I waited for you at Coccoccinos for 45 MINUTES!!! Where were you???

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:09 pm
amother wrote:
I pay $13K per kid for a mediocre education at a school I don't particularly like. Oh the sacrifices we make for spouses who insist on living out of town (st louis) where there are few schooling options. Hmm, Baltmore sounds like an improvement and driving distance to NY....

Just wondering, is that for Epstein or Torah Prep?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:13 pm
Epstein is $13,600 for 2012-13 but closer to $14K with additional fees. Which is absurd for the local income level.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:
Epstein is $13,600 for 2012-13 but closer to $14K with additional fees. Which is absurd for the local income level.

Thanks. Torah Prep was about 8K several years ago. I don't know what the situation is now, but when I lived there neither school was large enough to achieve any significant economies of scale.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 12:33 pm
Torah Prep is a few thousand less but so much of the school is made up of klei kodesh that I don't think there's much point in asking for more $.

And you're correct, lack of economies of scale is the main problem, imo. When a grade has a dozen students or less, almost none paying full tuition, what can you expect?

Tova

Post Wed, Apr 25 2012, 7:37 pm
So funny...just found this thread. And we got the tuition letter from TI too today and it's been on my mind. Full tuition this current school year is $8,500 Preschool $9,500 Elementary so I think it is a big jump. It's also a ~$400 jump coming after a $400 jump from last school year (although I wasn't paying tuition then) so you can see the trend. I just actually appreciate that they sent the tuition letter before the scholarship applications are due (it wasn't like that last year) - it's hard to ask for a reduction when you don't know what the full price is!

But we are so far extremely happy with the school, b"H.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:24 am
They usually go up 4%, according to my husband. This is under 5%, but the money from the Associated isn't coming in as much as it was, or something like that.

I'm scared for coming years. Sad How come everything except my income goes up? Sad

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2012, 8:36 am
Tova wrote:
. I just actually appreciate that they sent the tuition letter before the scholarship applications are due (it wasn't like that last year) - it's hard to ask for a reduction when you don't know what the full price is!

I think that often, the time frame for setting tuition is beyond the school's control. For example: staffing needs, money from outside sources, etc...

amother

Post Sat, Jun 30 2012, 7:50 pm
My tuition contract for TI arrived today. Thank G-d they accepted our proposal. It's a huge relief.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 8:03 am
So happy to hear that. Maybe we should check our mail....or not Sad

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 5:41 pm
This is the original poster. They also accepted my proposal. LOL!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And to add insult to injury, school is starting late tommorrow because of the power outage. AND coccaccinos is out of ice cream!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics