Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Leftover chicken help!
1  2  Next

cbw

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:12 am
My kids won't eat leftovers and I have lots of baked bone in chicken leftover. How can I recycle it? It can be a main, side or soup I don't care I just don't wanna throw it out

mizle10

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:14 am
cream of chicken soup
chicken salad
put in a bagette w/ veggies and hummus

ally

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:23 am
Chicken pot pie

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:24 am
you can make a blintz. Add sauteed onions and mushrooms if you want or other veggies. Put it in a crepe dough thingy. Add some spices. Yummy and you can then freeze it to serve yom tov even.

questioner

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:30 am
-Lo mein - take off chicken, sautee onion rings, pepper, carrot, brocolli, whatever other veg, make sauce w/ soy sauce, honey, ginger and mix w/ spaghetti
-In wraps w/ tomatoes, lettuce, chumus
-same idea as blintzes, but in pizza dough instead - spread BBQ sauce on dough, add chicken & sauteed veg, roll up & brush w/ egg and sesame seeds and bake.

StrongIma

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:32 am
I shred it and add it to browned onions - usually also with some of the gravy left over from the cooking. very simple to do and it comes out very tasty!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:47 am
It's least conspicuous in a good chicken pot pie or reheated in a sweet and sour/tangy sauce (which can be served over Caesar rolls or just as is).

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:50 am
Fried chicken (dip the bits in egg and then matza meal and fry almost like shnitzel but smaller pieces).

Chicken re-shoufe - my mum used to do this all the time! She puts the leftover edible bits in a new container, puts it in the oven and told us this is re-shoufe and we ate it (literal translation is re-heated!) LOL.

Chicken pie (mix with spices, cover with pastry and bake).

Chicken salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, scallion, olives and spices and mayonaise.)

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:51 am
Lo mein, stir fry (add it all the way at the end so it doesn't het mushy), or in eggrolls.

mha3484

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 10:59 am
Shred the chicken, mix with BBQ sauce and warm. Make sandwitches.

Shred the chicken and make tacos.

morahtikvah

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 11:47 am
chicken fried rice-with a lot of veggies in it can be a meal.

I used to make mexican rice with chicken and beans in it.

MuppetLover

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 12:37 pm
tear the chicken off the bone, simmer with teriyaki sauce or that Mikes stuff (even better) for about 3 hours, put in crusty bread for teryiaki chicken subs and I would serve corn on the cob for a side.

MuppetLover

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 12:37 pm
tear the chicken off the bone, simmer with teriyaki sauce or that Mikes stuff (even better) for about 3 hours, put in crusty bread for teryiaki chicken subs and I would serve corn on the cob for a side.

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 12:47 pm
If you can get chinese pancakes, shred and saute chicken, serve with pancakes, chopped veggies, and a sauce. (my kids love sweet chili sauce)

de_goldy

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 12:58 pm
I would just reheat and shred the chicken, cook a pot of rice, throw the chicken in the rice and if the chick is cooked in a sauce, mix that in for flavor. otherwise you can first heat the chicken in a honey/soy-sauce mix, then pour it all in and mix. Serve with a big salad. This is what we do every Sunday night.

smiledr

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:37 pm
I freeze all my leftover chicken no matter wat kind then wen I have enuf fry an onion toss in food processor w defrosted chicken some salt and garlic till it forms a paste then put in wonton wrappers. They can be frozen and fried as needef. Serve w ducksauce its amazing!!

smiledr

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:37 pm
I freeze all my leftover chicken no matter wat kind then wen I have enuf fry an onion toss in food processor w defrosted chicken some salt and garlic till it forms a paste then put in wonton wrappers. They can be frozen and fried as needef. Serve w ducksauce its amazing!!

invisiblecircus

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 1:49 pm
I take it off the bone, shred it, add a can of chopped tomatoes, one chopped onion a bit of chicken or vegetable stock and a teaspoon of curry powder. Heat it on the hob for 15 mins and serve with rice.

cbw

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 10:15 am
Thanks!

Shmaichel

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 11:25 am
I sauté onions, mix in the boneless chicken along with any other vegis you like- such as carrots or pepper, add some chicken broth or a little chicken soup, and then mix in some pasta and spices to taste. Comes out tasting DELICIOUS!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen