Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Doc says lose 25 before getting pg again

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 2:32 pm
DH and I want to start trying for baby #2 at the end of the summer. I am not obese or dangerously overweight, but I did gain a little too much during my first pregnancy, and I was slightly overweight going in. I have lost most, but not all, of the pg weight. Doctor is concerned that if I go overboard again, it could be problematic, and has recommended that I lose 25 lbs before getting pg again. Is it possible for me to lose that amount between now and late Aug/early Sept? Where do I begin? Our plan is to start trying again when the baby is 18 mos, and I don't want to have to push it off longer due to weight.

ima22

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 2:52 pm
Totally doable but needs a HUGE committment on your end! break it down and it's approx 7 pounds a month so that's less than 2 pounds a week. I'm a big weight watchers fan.

my advice is to jump into ww and PLAN in advance your day/week's meals and snacks and prepare stuff in advance so you have the proper foods on hand when you get hungry.

are you a gym person? join and go consistently. start small maybe 20 minutes a day but go 5 days a week? or buy a couple of workout videos and do it from home - EVERY day - no excuses to skip just a day. with such a big goal in such a short time you really need to be consistent because you can't afford a setback from dessert on Shabbos.

I recently lost 20 pounds but over a longer period of time simply because every Shabbos I snacked and did not lose the Shabbos pound or two until Wednesday and by then it was almost Shabbos again!

hatzalacha and good for you for taking care of yourself before having another baby

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 20 2012, 6:18 pm
Eat healthy, drink a lot, and walk when you can. and good luck !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise