Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Worried about having a c-section!
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 3:17 pm
expecting twins! which doctor will I have the most chance of a natural birth? worried sick about having a c-section! any ideas? in brooklyn?

ntm1

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 3:50 pm
Theres no point in worrying abt something you are not in control of like how your twins are positioned. You just have to daven that everything will be alright. I used Dr. Adler and delivered my twins naturally but that was how it worked ou for met- they were positioned right.

rac429

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 4:02 pm
I just gave birth to twins 12 weeks ago. At the beginning of my pregnancy I was very interested in having a natural delivery especially when everyone talks about how bad a c-section is. It ended up that my Baby A was breech for a while and she never turned and I knew that I was going to have to have a c-section (it was almost an emergency c-section where they were not willing to wait for my DH to drive the 10 minutes to the hospital). It turned out to be totally fine and the c-section was so much easier to recover from than a vaginal delivery. If I have another child I would opt for a c-section vs. a vaginal delivery because I found it much easier to recover from. Now I know there are women who had c-sections and couldn't move for weeks but there are women who gave birth naturally and the same thing happened. I would just worry abaout staying healthy and getting as far in your pregnancy as possible. If you have a c-section you have one and you get over it and move on. People can correct me if I am wrong but I would find one baby delivered vaginally and then one to be delivered via c-section the worst possible situation.

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 4:12 pm
Op, is this your first babies?
I, too, am b'h expecting twins and davening that they be born 'the right way'... which is the way Hashem wants... hopefully its a vaginal birth.

If this is your first pregnancy too, perhaps we can connect. Let me know if your interested.

asp40

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 4:17 pm
I agree, this is not something you can really plan for. I too did not want a c-section. My twins were not my first, so I had some support of knowing I could deliver vaginally. Lucky for me, my OB was very experienced delivering tins and my tins were in the correct position.

Many doctors will not deliver twins vaginally, so ask your OB.

Wishing you much luck and a healthy pregnancy.

myself

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 4:29 pm
rac429 wrote:
I just gave birth to twins 12 weeks ago. At the beginning of my pregnancy I was very interested in having a natural delivery especially when everyone talks about how bad a c-section is. It ended up that my Baby A was breech for a while and she never turned and I knew that I was going to have to have a c-section (it was almost an emergency c-section where they were not willing to wait for my DH to drive the 10 minutes to the hospital). It turned out to be totally fine and the c-section was so much easier to recover from than a vaginal delivery. If I have another child I would opt for a c-section vs. a vaginal delivery because I found it much easier to recover from. Now I know there are women who had c-sections and couldn't move for weeks but there are women who gave birth naturally and the same thing happened. I would just worry abaout staying healthy and getting as far in your pregnancy as possible. If you have a c-section you have one and you get over it and move on. People can correct me if I am wrong but I would find one baby delivered vaginally and then one to be delivered via c-section the worst possible situation.

It's interesting you say that because most of the people I've discussed this with have said that the recovery is incomparable. A straight forward vaginal birth has a significantly quicker recovery than a c-section.

But onto OP's question, a c-section doesn't have to be scary. Hope it all goes well for you. B'shaa Tova!

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 4:44 pm
I had one, and an induction. the C was really not so bad. I hope you dont need one, but dont focus on it. just try not to stress. stress in utero actually can affect a babys health and development, and c section doesnt!

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 4:44 pm
do NOT go with dr. stromer in boro park. I gave birth to twins using him and he broke my water, gave me pitocin, and then a c-section. I gave him my requests for what I would not like or would like for my birth in writing and he never even glanced at it..he just said "the patients always think they know better then the doctor." I was already in labor and I had to much going on to fight back. I feel like I would have had more of a chance of a vaginal delivery if he would have been patient with me and no tfilled me with pitocin and rushed the whole thing. that being said, he is a terrific surgeon and after 8 days I was not taking painkillers anymore and feeling better. my scar is small and neat and I am an excellent vbac candidate. however. the first week in recovery was so painful- I cried a lot I felt like I was being stabbed in the gut by my incision area and had trouble moving.....my babies are adoraable so.....WORTH IT!

rac429

Post Tue, May 22 2012, 4:51 pm
amother wrote:
do NOT go with dr. stromer in boro park. I gave birth to twins using him and he broke my water, gave me pitocin, and then a c-section. I gave him my requests for what I would not like or would like for my birth in writing and he never even glanced at it..he just said "the patients always think they know better then the doctor." I was already in labor and I had to much going on to fight back. I feel like I would have had more of a chance of a vaginal delivery if he would have been patient with me and no tfilled me with pitocin and rushed the whole thing. that being said, he is a terrific surgeon and after 8 days I was not taking painkillers anymore and feeling better. my scar is small and neat and I am an excellent vbac candidate. however. the first week in recovery was so painful- I cried a lot I felt like I was being stabbed in the gut by my incision area and had trouble moving.....my babies are adoraable so.....WORTH IT!

I didn't take any medication once I was discharged from the hospital (never even filled my prescriptions) and I take medicine for everything. Maybe its all about the dr. but my incision while still new looks great and is fading every day. I will have no problem going to the beach and wearing and bathing suit. I don't live in NY otherwise I would recommend my dr.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 9:00 pm
hi there
so happy I found this post. im also really worried about c section. actually not worried im horrified. im 33 weeks pregnant with twins. number 4 and 5. and they r breech. anybody ever heard of a dr who will try to turn them? im really happy with my dr but would switch not to have c section

ellie23

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 9:03 pm
amother wrote:
hi there
so happy I found this post. im also really worried about c section. actually not worried im horrified. im 33 weeks pregnant with twins. number 4 and 5. and they r breech. anybody ever heard of a dr who will try to turn them? im really happy with my dr but would switch not to have c section

that sounds rough..im sorry but unless they do turn on their own (very possible) I dont know of a doc who would want to take that risk....

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
Op, is this your first babies?
I, too, am b'h expecting twins and davening that they be born 'the right way'... which is the way Hashem wants... hopefully its a vaginal birth.

If this is your first pregnancy too, perhaps we can connect. Let me know if your interested.

I'm not the OP.

I'm expecting twins, and it's my first pregnancy. But birth is so not on my mind, since I'm still in my second month.

However, I did have one question regarding c-section vs vaginally. Does a c-section help you to get clean (tahara) faster? (since there's no tearing etc).

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 11:34 pm
I'm not the OP.

I'm expecting twins, and it's my first pregnancy. But birth is so not on my mind, since I'm still in my second month.

However, I did have one question regarding c-section vs vaginally. Does a c-section help you to get clean (tahara) faster? (since there's no tearing etc).[/quote]

I had twins with a c/s (they are #3 and 4 for me) but it was my 3rd c/s already. The recovery isnt so bad. I actually go home within 2-3 days of the c/s and thats with a full flight of stairs to climb once I get home.
Since I only had c/s I cant compare getting clean faster but I do know that it took me about 8 weeks or so to be able to go the mikvah.

Bliss

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 11:47 pm
Some say you're best off going to a midwife to try for a natural birth since high risk doctors are usually overprotective and will jump to a section much quicker (obviously that's only if there's no complications during pregnancy). I also heard of quite a few people who gave birth naturall in tough cases with Dr. Roshan. He's located in Manhattan.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 1:24 am
I just had an emergency C-section with my baby. When they told me I needed it I was horrified but I must say that it was an amazing recovery! The pain ended the night of the surgery, and I didn't need any strong painkillers, just advils. I did have a hard time getting out of bed and certain positions though. The best thing is that the surgeon often scoops out all the stuff in there so you do bleed much less. It took me 5 weeks to get clean after the baby but that was only from staining, there is less blood overall. I found it to be a good experience overall. (Not to mention the side benefit that your baby looks really cute cuz he doesn't have a squished head Smile )

Zus

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:24 am
amother wrote:

I'm not the OP.

However, I did have one question regarding c-section vs vaginally. Does a c-section help you to get clean (tahara) faster? (since there's no tearing etc).

Tearing has no influence in niddah at all.
AFAIK you get clean around the same time after a c-section. In any case, it shouldn't be a consideration if you need to decide to go for a c.

OP: it's true that thereare many factors in a twin pregnancy that aren't under your control such as positions, BUT I would go for a provider who has a good twin vag. birth rate! I'm guessing anything above 50% is acceptable.

EvenI

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 4:50 am
I thought I learned long ago in a birthing class that some midwives and doctors have skills for delivering babies in some positions that others don't have.

Also, do you have the "misgav ladach" cut in the US?

Zus

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:22 am
EvenI wrote:
I thought I learned long ago in a birthing class that some midwives and doctors have skills for delivering babies in some positions that others don't have.

Yes. As far as I know, it's only possible to have a vag. delivery if twin A is vertex, regardless of the position of twin B. Some doctors however require *both* twins to be vertex. Find out what your doctor's policy is.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:15 pm
I'm worried about not having a Pidyon Haben if the boy comes out first...by c-section.

Can I ask the doctor to take out the girl first??

EvenI

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:19 pm
amother wrote:
I'm worried about not having a Pidyon Haben if the boy comes out first...by c-section.

Can I ask the doctor to take out the girl first??

Why are you worried about not having one in that instance?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more