Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Worried about having a c-section!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:22 pm
There is no pidyon haben for a c-section, only vaginal birth.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 4:07 pm
EvenI wrote:
amother wrote:
I'm worried about not having a Pidyon Haben if the boy comes out first...by c-section.

Can I ask the doctor to take out the girl first??

Why are you worried about not having one in that instance?

I went through IF and I really want to have every possible simcha. I don't know how many simchos I'll make in my life...

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 4:17 pm
I've had 6 c-sections. The first was an emergency, the rest doctor recommended. I can't compare then to vag deliveries, but I can tell you that it was fine. By all I was up and walking after 12 hours, and doing laundry after 48. Should you need one, go in with a posititive attitude and keep your focus on the beautiful bigger picture.

EvenI

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 4:26 pm
amother wrote:
EvenI wrote:
amother wrote:
I'm worried about not having a Pidyon Haben if the boy comes out first...by c-section.

I went through IF and I really want to have every possible simcha. I don't know how many simchos I'll make in my life...

And if the doctor took the girl out first, then you'd feel that you didn't miss out? I don't see how it makes a difference, but maybe you could ask if you think it would help you.

Anyway, no reason why you can't be optimistic. Plenty of twins are born vaginally. Why shouldn't yours be?

Zus

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 4:38 pm
EvenI wrote:
amother wrote:
EvenI wrote:
amother wrote:

And if the doctor took the girl out first, then you'd feel that you didn't miss out? I don't see how it makes a difference, but maybe you could ask if you think it would help you.

Anyway, no reason why you can't be optimistic. Plenty of twins are born vaginally. Why shouldn't yours be?

No it wouldn't make any difference! There is no pidyon haben for a C section.

ellie23

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 7:34 pm
Zus wrote:
EvenI wrote:
amother wrote:
EvenI wrote:
amother wrote:

baby A is removed first. if baby A is a girl she will be taken out first..thats how it works.

Zus

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 7:36 pm
Exactly.

Jughead

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 11:24 pm
And worrying about this now will not alter the outcome. What will be will be. Just daven that they and you should be healthy and leave the rest up to Hashem.
Why waste the rest of your pregnancy worrying about a c-section?

EvenI

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 12:21 am
Zus wrote:
EvenI wrote:
amother wrote:
EvenI wrote:
amother wrote:

She can't have meant that the girl coming out first would mean she'd have a pidyon haben. Obviously that isn't so. That's why I asked her if she thinks she'd somehow feel better about missing out if the girl comes out first. That's what she seemed to be implying.

Zus

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 2:03 am
In any case, no you can't choose which twin comes out first. Not with a C and for sure not with a vag birth! OP do you think the doctor chooses which twin to 'get' first during a vag delivery?

amother

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 7:35 am
EvenI wrote:

She can't have meant that the girl coming out first would mean she'd have a pidyon haben. Obviously that isn't so. That's why I asked her if she thinks she'd somehow feel better about missing out if the girl comes out first. That's what she seemed to be implying.

Yes that's what I had in kind. Thanks.

Another Q, how do the doctors decide which one is twin a??

Jughead

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 11:22 am
Twin A is born first. So in a vaginal delivery, it will be the one who descends first into the birth canal. In a surgical delivery, it will be the twin who was closest to the area of incision. The doctors don't choose any more than the mother. Hashem chooses.

jarussy

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
do NOT go with dr. stromer in boro park. I gave birth to twins using him and he broke my water, gave me pitocin, and then a c-section. I gave him my requests for what I would not like or would like for my birth in writing and he never even glanced at it..he just said "the patients always think they know better then the doctor." I was already in labor and I had to much going on to fight back. I feel like I would have had more of a chance of a vaginal delivery if he would have been patient with me and no tfilled me with pitocin and rushed the whole thing. that being said, he is a terrific surgeon and after 8 days I was not taking painkillers anymore and feeling better. my scar is small and neat and I am an excellent vbac candidate. however. the first week in recovery was so painful- I cried a lot I felt like I was being stabbed in the gut by my incision area and had trouble moving.....my babies are adoraable so.....WORTH IT!

I couldn't agree more!!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
I've had 6 c-sections. The first was an emergency, the rest doctor recommended. I can't compare then to vag deliveries, but I can tell you that it was fine. By all I was up and walking after 12 hours, and doing laundry after 48. Should you need one, go in with a posititive attitude and keep your focus on the beautiful bigger picture.

I'm going on #4 c-section. Just wondering, you say you have had 6. Are you done or do you think you will be going for some more?

Zus

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 2:43 am
amother wrote:
EvenI wrote:

Yes that's what I had in kind. Thanks.

Another Q, how do the doctors decide which one is twin a??

Twin A is the one that lies the lowest, closest to the birth canal and who therefore will come out first.

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Jun 17 2012, 5:14 am
I had 2 vaginal & 6 csections (not in that order).
Bled the same time 6-8 weeks for all.
Had easy recoveries from the c-sections although not as easy as after vaginal.
But the actual c-Section births were really nice.
Don't worry about things you can't change & enjoy whatever delivery you get.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 1:11 pm
another Expecting Twins Mom here. Also my first. Also after IF. Also hoping & praying that I have vaginal birth.

At last visit, almost 31 weeks, baby a was breech. She still has time to change positions and hopefully she will!! I'm nervous enough for a vaginal birth... even more nervous for a c section. But it's all in the Hand of Hashem!

We're so grateful we're up to here and hoping to push it at least till 36 weeks, when the docs say it's ok for the twins to be born...

mra613

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 1:13 pm
amother wrote:

If you deliver via c-section, there will be no pidyon haben regardless of whether the boy comes out first or not. A pidyon haben only takes place if the child is delivered vaginally. On a separate note, I delivered identical twin girls by c-section due to placenta previa four months ago. After leaving the hospital, I was able to manage the pain with Advil and Tylenol. I delivered at NYU in NY and found the care to be exceptional. Hatzlacha!

sarachana

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 1:48 pm
Wow I found this thread rather interesting. here is my take on some of what I read.

First off, to the mom who said that she recovered well from her C-section and would opt for one next time, lets just say that not every C-section is the same and your first was a breeze but the more you have the more it may not be so easy to recover from. (so says my MIL)

second, recovery from vaginal birth can be just as easy, (for the mom who mentioned bleeding first) if you have no epidural or petosin (the drugs can increase the bleeding), the midwives/doctors don't yank out the placenta, which many docs to btw, midwives usually let it come out on its own, and staying hydrated and taking Vitamin C as well as eating really well can all contribute to a faster recovery.

And op this is my advice to you. Don't worry about the outcome because when it comes down to it you will end up having the strength to face it all head on...kinda just how it works with moms...and whatever happens is what Hashem decided was meant to be and you will be so overjoyed either way when you see those beautiful babies...so do not waste your precious pregnancy time worrying.

greenleaf

Post Wed, Jul 18 2012, 6:49 pm
I had twins four months ago via c section. it was a real breeze!!!!!!!! no labor pain no nothing! much much easier than a vaginal delivery!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more