Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Excercise for strengthening abs
1  2  Next

saweetie

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 3:39 pm
Can anyone suggest an exercise that would work my abs and isn't too intense? Or a video online that's good? I really need to strengthen my abs from last baby cuz I want to ttc soon.

MrsDash

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 3:46 pm
Pilates works great!

If you want to see actual 4/6/8 pack, you will have to add intense cardio, and other strength training exercises. (Also, there must be minimal fat covering your abdominal muscles.)

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:13 pm
abs are made in the kitchen.

acccdac

Post Tue, May 29 2012, 9:35 pm
the plain old crunches work, but they have to be done correctly.

I learned recently at the gym how to do a correct crunch. Your back has to be FLUSHed with the floor when you are doing your crunches the WHOLE time.

Your hands should not be on your head. Your finger tips should touch your hair and not used AT ALL as a support. Also keep your elbows out to the side, do not allow them to move in towards your nose.

you can switch off between basic crunches, putting your feet in the air and cross them by the angles and lower your feet as much as possible without allowing your back to leave the floor. Also when your feet are up you can do the Pilates 100.

eatingbagels

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 1:44 am
I think what accdac is trying to say is that when you do ab exercises, make sure your sacrum is on the floor. To get it there, lie flat on your back and do what's called a pelvic tilt where you kind of tip your pelvis forward so that your sacrum is touching the floor. Keep your sacrum and tighten your ab muscles the whole time while you do your ab workout so that you have control over your body and your back doesn't start hurting.
Google bodyrock tv. She might have some ab workouts for you. (She's intense but don't get scared!)

SS6099

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 10:57 am
A good DVD is Tamilee Webb 'Abs Abs Abs'. It's got 7 different workouts, one for each day of the week, for about 10 minutes each session. Works really well.

Inspired

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 11:24 am
planks

saweetie

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 2:59 pm
ds6099 wrote:
A good DVD is Tamilee Webb 'Abs Abs Abs'. It's got 7 different workouts, one for each day of the week, for about 10 minutes each session. Works really well.
This sounds like what I'm looking for! Is it online too? How do I get the DVD?

MrsDash

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 3:21 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

This too!

Your diet plays a major role when trying to tone your abs.

saweetie

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 3:26 pm
yoshi wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

This too!

I'm below my pre-birth weight. I need exercise to tone my stretched out Ab muscles.

MrsDash

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 3:34 pm
saweetie wrote:
yoshi wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

This too!

I'm below my pre-birth weight. I need exercise to tone my stretched out Ab muscles.

If you're slim, that's a good start, but eating healthy will help prevent bloating, and keep your tummy less puffy. A diet high in sodium, sugar, and processed foods, can cause your tummy to look bigger than it really is.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 3:50 pm
saweetie wrote:
ds6099 wrote:

I adore Tamilee! She's tough yet sweet. Here's a link to that DVD: Tamilee Webb: Abs, Abs, Abs

saweetie

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 3:54 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
saweetie wrote:
ds6099 wrote:

I adore Tamilee! She's tough yet sweet. Here's a link to that DVD: Tamilee Webb: Abs, Abs, Abs

thanks!

SS6099

Post Wed, May 30 2012, 9:41 pm
You could also purchase on collagevideo.com.
Their consultants are really good. That's who suggested this one for me.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 7:14 pm
I got a lot from collage. they should take a paid ad here.

granolamom

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 9:18 pm
best thing I've ever done for abs is nauli. its a crazy yoga move, look it up on youtube. not easy to learn but once you get it, its fun. and it works. I have close to a 6 pack, I do no other exercise and I still snack (I'm at my ideal weight but have never had abs this tight before, even when I was single and at the gym every day)

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 9:56 pm
Not everyone can get a 6 pack, GranolaMom. Has nothing to do with how fit you are.

octopus

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 9:56 pm
granolamom wrote:
best thing I've ever done for abs is nauli. its a crazy yoga move, look it up on youtube. not easy to learn but once you get it, its fun. and it works. I have close to a 6 pack, I do no other exercise and I still snack (I'm at my ideal weight but have never had abs this tight before, even when I was single and at the gym every day)

I looked this up on youtube a few years ago. I don't even know what muscles to squeeze in order to do that.I have heard that you can throw up in the beginning from doing this move. in any case, it looks kinda crazy to me and I don't think I am capable of doing it.

leah66

Post Thu, May 31 2012, 10:11 pm
granolamom wrote:

Anyone who can do that exercise doesn't need to!

granolamom

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 5:24 pm
octopus wrote:
granolamom wrote:

I looked this up on youtube a few years ago. I don't even know what muscles to squeeze in order to do that.I have heard that you can throw up in the beginning from doing this move. in any case, it looks kinda crazy to me and I don't think I am capable of doing it.

well, I always do it on an empty stomach and I didnt think I was capable of doing it either. but then I got it and it really isnt that hard. a few min a day for a few days and I started seeing definition. and it completely healed my diastasis from my second pg.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise