Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Excercise for strengthening abs
Previous  1  2

chaylizi

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 5:43 pm
saweetie wrote:
Can anyone suggest an exercise that would work my abs and isn't too intense? Or a video online that's good? I really need to strengthen my abs from last baby cuz I want to ttc soon.

Before you work on your abs, you need to make sure that you don't have a diastasis recti from pregnancy/childbirth. If you have one and don't take care of that first, you will be working for nothing. Look up the Tupler technique. It has helped a lot of people. After my last baby, my diastasis muscles were separated a good 2.5 fingers at my umbilicus. Exercise became much easier and more effective after I dealt with those muscles.

eisheschayil

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 3:01 pm
granolamom, do you have any tips for mastering the move? I think that I mastered the stomach lock but I can't get that circular right left motion. I think that this must be extremely effective because I started doing it a few days ago when I read about it on here, and even though I have only mastered part of the move I really do see a difference!! Thanks, granolamom!!

granolamom

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 11:02 pm
eisheschayil wrote:
granolamom, do you have any tips for mastering the move? I think that I mastered the stomach lock but I can't get that circular right left motion. I think that this must be extremely effective because I started doing it a few days ago when I read about it on here, and even though I have only mastered part of the move I really do see a difference!! Thanks, granolamom!!

lots of practice! when I started learning to do the circular motion I would move my hips and low back while doing it, kinda like shortening the side I was working (if that makes any sense to you). as I got better at it I didnt have to move anything other than my abs.
I'm happy you see a difference already! that was quick..took me a few weeks to figure out the first piece of it.

granolamom

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 11:02 pm
oh, and btw, dont do nauli if you're pg or menstruating and use caution if you have an IUD

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:56 am
Would you post links to the youtube videos that demonstrated this nauli move? I looked at one, but couldn't follow it!

eisheschayil

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 12:28 pm
I watched quite a few but I found these helpfulhttp://www.secretstomeditation.com/secrets-to-nauli/ as well as
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....lated

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 8:04 pm
eisheschayil wrote:
I watched quite a few but I found these helpfulhttp://www.secretstomeditation.com/secrets-to-nauli/ as well as

Thank you!

Is it really important to do them on an empty stomach? If so, how many hours after food would be considered an empty stomach, or is it best to do them in the morning?

SS6099

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 10:10 pm
chaylizi wrote:
saweetie wrote:
Can anyone suggest an exercise that would work my abs and isn't too intense? Or a video online that's good? I really need to strengthen my abs from last baby cuz I want to ttc soon.

Before you work on your abs, you need to make sure that you don't have a diastasis recti from pregnancy/childbirth. If you have one and don't take care of that first, you will be working for nothing. Look up the Tupler technique. It has helped a lot of people. After my last baby, my diastasis muscles were separated a good 2.5 fingers at my umbilicus. Exercise became much easier and more effective after I dealt with those muscles.

Could you please elaborate how you worked on your diastasis recti? My muscles are about 3 fingers apart and I'd love to target it.
Thanks!

granolamom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:00 pm
ds6099 wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
saweetie wrote:

Could you please elaborate how you worked on your diastasis recti? My muscles are about 3 fingers apart and I'd love to target it.
Thanks!

I did nauli! my diastasis was about 3 fingers apart and now its completely healed. didnt even separate during my last pg. (and I was HUGE)

granolamom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:02 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
eisheschayil wrote:

Thank you!

Is it really important to do them on an empty stomach? If so, how many hours after food would be considered an empty stomach, or is it best to do them in the morning?

I dont think its really important, just see how you feel. for me, its easier to do when there's nothing in my stomach and if I've recently eaten and then do nauli, it gets my bowels moving so I have to stop (sorry, tmi!)

SS6099

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 1:22 pm
granolamom wrote:
ds6099 wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
saweetie wrote:

Thanks!

I did nauli! my diastasis was about 3 fingers apart and now its completely healed. didnt even separate during my last pg. (and I was HUGE)

What is nauli?

granolamom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 8:43 pm
its a yoga move I learned from someone. you can find videos on youtube.com its really weird looking and took me a while to learn but its an amazing ab workout.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise