Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight watchers programs

amother

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 8:00 am
I love to eat chocolate.
I also know that I need to lose a lot of weight.

Is there any program on weight watchers that would enable me to still be able to have a little bit of chocolate every now and then? Or am I just fooling myself.

Happy 2B

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 8:44 am
on Weight Watchers you can eat only chocolate and still lose weight! Not that it's recommended.
Weight watchers is a great program in that you don't have to cut out any food group at all. You just learn to pick and choose. I lost 50 pounds using Weight Watchers and had a treat every day! It's probably why the program works. Question is can you control yourself to eat ONE piece of chocolate?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 5:39 pm
amother wrote:
I love to eat chocolate. I also know that I need to lose a lot of weight. Is there any program on weight watchers that would enable me to still be able to have a little bit of chocolate every now and then? Or am I just fooling myself.

Meaning, if you can't have your cake and eat it too, then you won't take care of yourself ? That's a terrible attitude - don't you see people with special needs still marathoning and skiing and leading full lives ? And you're letting a tayvah slow you down ?

amother

Post Sat, Jun 02 2012, 4:42 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
amother wrote:
I love to eat chocolate. I also know that I need to lose a lot of weight. Is there any program on weight watchers that would enable me to still be able to have a little bit of chocolate every now and then? Or am I just fooling myself.

Meaning, if you can't have your cake and eat it too, then you won't take care of yourself ? That's a terrible attitude - don't you see people with special needs still marathoning and skiing and leading full lives ? And you're letting a tayvah slow you down ?
WHAT?????????? who said that I am not taking care of myself? Just because I dont want to have to eliminate chocolate from my diet completely, why is that making me slow down?
It seems like you are saying that one has to have all or nothing. But im trying to find out if there is a way to have a little.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 2:25 am
chocolate moose wrote:
amother wrote:

Hashem put chocolate and all foods in the world for us to enjoy. The issues with Tayva in many cases is the inability to control ourselves. Being able to have in moderation to control your tayvas is the key.

What does people marathoning while disabled have to do with having some chocolate while on a diet. I think your post was completely out of line. OP is trying to take care of herself. If you don't have any helpful information just keep quiet.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:19 am
amother wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
amother wrote:

Hashem put chocolate and all foods in the world for us to enjoy. The issues with Tayva in many cases is the inability to control ourselves. Being able to have in moderation to control your tayvas is the key.

What does people marathoning while disabled have to do with having some chocolate while on a diet. I think your post was completely out of line. OP is trying to take care of herself. If you don't have any helpful information just keep quiet.

This

twerpz

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 9:47 am
ww allows you to pick how you want to use your points, so you can allow yourself a piece if that is what you choose

CatLady

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 10:49 am
Yup, the whole "point" of the program (pun most definitely intended!) is that you can incorporate the foods you love into your daily eating plan and lose weight without deprivation.

From my experience as the local president of Chocoholics Unanimous, 1 T. of miniature chocolate chips stored in the freezer and enjoyed one at a time, will give a ton of satisfaction for 2 PointsPlus.

YW123

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 11:19 am
Happy 2 B did you excersize also when you lost the 50? if yes, what did you do?

Happy 2B

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 4:26 pm
YW123 wrote:
Happy 2 B did you excersize also when you lost the 50? if yes, what did you do?

Yes I exercised but I didn't start off exercising. I focused on one thing at a time and slowly added different things to my diet.

I did aerobic exercises for the most part. Like step aerobics. I also did Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred at one point but that didn't make me lose weight it did however make me very toned and helped me lose inches.

NewYorkgal31

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 3:01 pm
Joining weight watchers on Wednesday......Happy 2 how long did it take you to lose the weight?

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 3:03 pm
Can't say... I had an eventful year and had to stop a few times but it was less than a year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise