Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Yiddish resources

shmaichul

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 7:54 pm
I was asked to tutor 2 children in Yiddish, 9 and 11 in order for them to be able to attend a Yiddish speaking school next year. Does anyone have any recommendations for a workbook I can use as a base? Thanks!

Strawberry2

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 7:32 am
shmaichul wrote:
I was asked to tutor 2 children in Yiddish, 9 and 11 in order for them to be able to attend a Yiddish speaking school next year. Does anyone have any recommendations for a workbook I can use as a base? Thanks!

maybe try chinuch.org to see what they have or contact one of the teachers there.
Good Luck.

smilethere

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 8:12 am
Where are you?

In the past I tutored a girl who needed to learn yiddish after moving to stamford hill from Israel.

I bought a grammar textbook that was quite good, taught rules, spelling etc, although I remember there were more in depth books in the particular bookstore I looked.

For which age? Do they have any background, I know there are the 'Leren Lein Bicher' that are used in schools etc.

shmaichul

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 8:33 am
Thanks! I actually looked a bit on chinuch.org, but was having a hard time finding things.
Smilethere that book sounds perfect! Do you remember what it was called? I live in the us, not NY but if I know what I'm looking for, I can get it shipped...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics