Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Yikes! My kids are playing 'divorce' with their Lego!
Previous  1  2

chavamom

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 11:25 am
Did you read anything I wrote passed "it was freaky"?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 11:26 am
chavamom wrote:
Did you read anything I wrote passed "it was freaky"?

Sorry, looks like I quoted the wrong post LOL. I meant my response for the OP.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 6:25 pm
shanie5 wrote:
I was a kindergarten teacher when the space shuttle blew up. (at least 25 years ago), and the next day the kids were playing "space shuttle-will it blow up or not."

I remember kids doing that, too. It was our only way of processing what happened. If only us adults could do that....

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 7:35 pm
op here-the point of my post was not Oh I dont want them to play that way..my point was to say it's such a big part of life now that it's normal to play divorce and that is sooo sad. When I was that age...classmates had lost parents (scary for a young kid) but divorce wasnt in our lives. My son has a large percentage of classmates whose parent's are divorced. The neighbors had a huge public messy divorce...they only see their cousins every other holiday....oOur friend brings his daughter when it's his parenting time...just feeling down about it Sad .

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
op here-the point of my post was not Oh I dont want them to play that way..my point was to say it's such a big part of life now that it's normal to play divorce and that is sooo sad. When I was that age...classmates had lost parents (scary for a young kid) but divorce wasnt in our lives. My son has a large percentage of classmates whose parent's are divorced. The neighbors had a huge public messy divorce...they only see their cousins every other holiday....oOur friend brings his daughter when it's his parenting time...just feeling down about it Sad .

Divorce being more acceptable is not sad at all. Its a good and very important thing. Years ago, women were being abused and beaten and really couldn't get out. B"H nowadays, it is easier for a woman to get out and maintain her dignity.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 9:44 pm
StrawberrySmoothie wrote:
amother wrote:

Divorce being more acceptable is not sad at all. Its a good and very important thing. Years ago, women were being abused and beaten and really couldn't get out. B"H nowadays, it is easier for a woman to get out and maintain her dignity.

op here-I'm not talking about divorce being acceptable or not...I"m sad bc there are so many children who do not have parents living together..who have to change houses every few days....who have parents fight over who is responsible for paying for what...I'm sad bc of all the changes they have to go through...of people looking at them as if they are a nebuch...I'm sad because they will get new step parents and sisters and brothers who may not always treat them nicely..I'm sad bc their parents are out partying and leaving them with babysitters.. Yeah I'm down about it

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

op here-I'm not talking about divorce being acceptable or not...I"m sad bc there are so many children who do not have parents living together..who have to change houses every few days....who have parents fight over who is responsible for paying for what...I'm sad bc of all the changes they have to go through...of people looking at them as if they are a nebuch...I'm sad because they will get new step parents and sisters and brothers who may not always treat them nicely..I'm sad bc their parents are out partying and leaving them with babysitters.. Yeah I'm down about it

1. Your the one who is nebuch-ing divorced families right now.
2. What what?? Thats not part of the package. Sorry dear.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 10:22 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

OP, please clarify that you are down about a specific family of divorce. AFAIK (and I know plenty of them) most divorced parents don't "party" at the expense of their kids, most aren't "nebachs" unless you make them out to be that way, and who says their step-siblings won't treat them nicely?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 11:28 pm
well then I guess we don't run in the same circles bc in 90% of the cases I know...everything I listed is what happened.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jun 18 2012, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
well then I guess we don't run in the same circles bc in 90% of the cases I know...everything I listed is what happened.

If that's the case, then I would be sad, too.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 10:34 am
amother wrote:

It is very sad, but it is good for women (and men) who needed the divorce really.

morahtikvah

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 9:02 am
The last few days my kids have been playing: being blind.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 9:36 am
I remember as a kid playing radio stations and reporting bombs in Israel!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children