Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
ISO good, lasting sheitel for 1000-1300

IamI

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 9:54 am
I'm urgently looking for a shoulder length brown sheitel in the 1000-1300 price range. Obviously less is better but I don't want to have to buy a new one in 1-2 years. I'm moving to a very hot climate IYH so I need it to hold up well.
TIA!

MamaBear

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:13 am
My own experience in that price range has been very hit or miss. And if it doesn't last 2 yrs, at that point no one is really backing up their product. To get a lot of value out of that price, I would try the Freeda discontinued sheitels which are just their older styles and cap but still great quality hair.

http://www.freeda.com/index.ph......html

studying_torah

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:15 am
I bought an Estelle wig in that price range, but as its new I have no idea how it will hold up long term. She did tell me that she will back up her product, so it might be worth a call.

kb

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:16 am
How much is a tori right now? I'm married just over two years - living in Israel so I guess you could call it a hot climate, and the tori I got is looking great! I don't have any plans of replacing it in the near future.

yummy2

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 11:03 am
Miri's

IamI

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 5:52 pm
Thanks everyone. Anyone have experience with the Freeda discontinued? How much are the Tori and Miri sheitels?

IamI

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 10:52 pm
bump
please?

sandyhp1

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 11:21 pm
I bought a Freeda's discontinued wigs online in Dec. I wear it everyday for work and I work long hours in long term care. I am always on the move and often get sweaty . So far, the wig has held up great. I have to wash it about 6-7 weeks because it's so worn much ( 7:30 am-6:30 usually) but the hair is great!

relish

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 11:27 pm
edited out

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 3:18 pm
My first sheitel was a Freeda and it lasted about 4 years or more, not sure, and I was very happy with it. I now have another Freeda which is around 2 years old and still looks great! I don't wear a wig every day but often.

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 3:41 pm
MamaBear wrote:
My own experience in that price range has been very hit or miss. And if it doesn't last 2 yrs, at that point no one is really backing up their product. To get a lot of value out of that price, I would try the Freeda discontinued sheitels which are just their older styles and cap but still great quality hair.

http://www.freeda.com/index.ph......html

You are the best!! Thanks to you I just ordered one from the discontinued range, it seems EXACTLY what I was looking for- and it is soooo much cheaper than buying one in the shops! Crazy! You made my day! Big mitzvah, thank you for posting this link!!!

Isher

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 4:07 pm
Anyone else bought and used these wigs?

alte mamme

Post Sat, Jul 07 2012, 10:36 pm
Freeda discontinued wigs can be hit or miss. Inspect it carefully when you get it, you can return it within 3 days. I bought one that I loved but sent it back within the 3 days because there were some weird hairs sticking up in front. They told me that the hairs had been put in upside down and it wouldn't be realistic to repair it so I took the refund. I was sad though, because loved it otherwise. I tried another one that looked like an ashy brownish blond but when it arrived it was more of a strawberry blond and didn't look anything like the picture. That put me out another $20 for the round trip shipping, so I was pretty irritated about that.

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 4:35 am
Oh no!I live in the Uk and shipping it back would cost me 91$!I hope I didn't make a mistake....

alte mamme

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 4:33 pm
If it doesn't work for you, perhaps you can resell it locally, rather than shipping it back.

Post Sun, Jul 08 2012, 4:36 pm
Thank you,you're right,I will try that then-and there's always ebay as well!

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 11:21 am
For anyone who is interested, I found this about Freeda's discontinued wigs:
http://askchavi.blogspot.co.uk......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels