Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Dr. Steven Fries A''h

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 11:03 am
I just found out that he was nifter yesterday- he was a close family friend and helped us out tremedously.

Anyone know him? anyone going to the levaya? Unfortunatly I won't be able to make it. May his neshama be a maylitz yosher for us.

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/?p=4378

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 5:09 pm
This is really sad. For years I've been hearing from a close friend about this wonderful pediatrician of hers (she might have told me the name, but I didn't remember), who is always available to her, so giving and so supportive to a friend with a sick child, despite not having an easy personal life. I have been hearing wonderful stories for many years.

I just found out that this was Dr. Steven Fries A''H.

My friend is inconsolable.Y'hi Zichro Boruch.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 5:17 pm
Yes. I was at the levaya today. He was a very close family friend, doctor, and my fathers chavrusa. My father actually spoke at the levaya. It was very sad.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 5:22 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. I was at the levaya today. He was a very close family friend, doctor, and my fathers chavrusa. My father actually spoke at the levaya. It was very sad.

It's more than sad. Her kids, especially the sick one, loved him like a family member. She is reacting as if he were her beloved brother, because he was just as devoted.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

It's more than sad. Her kids, especially the sick one, loved him like a family member. She is reacting as if he were her beloved brother, because he was just as devoted.

hey, words cannot describe the loss I personally feel and sad was just the only thing I could come up with.
he was in my house more times than I can count, and was extremely close with my family. and I can vouch for whoever it is that you're talking about because "devoted" is an understatement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics