Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving from east coat to LA. Need advice

happy mommy68

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 9:01 pm
Hi

We are iyh moving to LA just before school starts Can anyone please give advice about how we should do this? We have 3 young kids kah and a houseful of itmes that we would like to bring with us.
Anyone do the drive or fly only ? What about the time of delivery of the items.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jul 09 2012, 9:16 pm
We moved from LA to the East Coast over a decade ago. We drove. Our sons were 13 and turning 9 when we made the move. We approached the trip as a vacation -- we stopped and did tourist stuff every day. I think our kids were older than yours, but our "vacation" activities included Carlsbad Caverns, a major league baseball game, and the Indiana State Fair.

Try to bring some essential items with you, like bedding and a few pots and pans. Our stuff arrived 3 full weeks after we did. We had to borrow mattresses and a table until the moving van arrived.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 10 2012, 3:10 am
No advice on the move itself since weve always been here but welcome to LA!!! There's no place like it here.

brokertov

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 11:14 am
If you need help with housing feel free to contact me, I am a Realtor in the Valley but work the Pico/Robertson area and the La Brea/Hancock Park area as well! Good luck on your move, you will love it here, LA is wonderful! Very hot this week, bring sunscreen!
Best,
Jennifer Niman, Prudential CA Realty
my cell is 818-448-2240
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating