Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Losing My MIND!!!

momx6

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 9:58 am
My 4 yr old twin daughters just scribbled all over my computer screen! What am I supposed to do with them? I was getting ready to go the park with them when they went and scribbled with a pen on the screen.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
I dont know if mommy camp is for me!!! At wits end

grin

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 10:53 am
Hug Hug

(love them and punish them, in that order!)

fruitsalad

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 10:58 am
I feel for you! but bear in mind peaple would do anything to have this aggravation(this thought kept me going when I was up nights with my colicky newborn)

Twins=double trouble shock double nachas Very Happy

amother

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 11:18 am
I have almost 4 year old twins and sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind too. but I love their connection and how for a few minutes, (before it turns into a fight), they do place nicely together and love eachother Wink

amother

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 11:18 am
fruitsalad wrote:
I feel for you! but bear in mind peaple would do anything to have this aggravation(this thought kept me going when I was up nights with my colicky newborn)

Twins=double trouble shock double nachas Very Happy

Had you ended before the () I would have taken issue. As one member who's been quite vocal about her IF issues said, to paraphrase, she has just as much a right to kvetch and vent.
BUT knowing that this was a thought that helped you through tough times is a very valuable contribution.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 12:07 pm
I was in your place exactly 20 years ago, except we didn't have a computer for them to scribble on.
Hang in there. This stage goes by fast.
You're building bragging rights.
When your pals or sibs or future dds or dils with one baby moan and groan about how hard it is and they're going out of their mind, you'll be able to look at them and say "don't kvetch to me, I had two at once and we all survived."

Meantime check out http://answers.yahoo.com/quest.....ytErC

Enjoy your walk.

Jughead

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 12:33 pm
My twins are 15, ka"h, and don't get into that kind of trouble anymore. Honestly? I miss those crazy double trouble years! It was tough as nails then, of course, but writing their zany and crazy antics down in a notebook helped me keep it in perspective and we all treasure those stories now.
Hang in there!

momx6

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 12:40 pm
Thanks for all your replies. I know that I should be happy to be able to deal with this aggravation. My neighbor walked by my house this morning - she is my age (same class in school) and she isn't yet married and here I am sitting outside with all my kids waiting for the camp bus to come. Sad

I explained to them what they did wrong - how 1st of all they are NOT allowed to use pens ever (this they know but forget bec. they write on my walls and its so hard to get pen off walls) and now the screen is ruined and how they know the rule is that we ONLY color on PAPER with crayon/pencil but NEVER pen!
I put them in them room and told that they have to apologize for what they did.

Within 2 min. 1 dd came out and apologized and a few minutes later the other dd came out and whispered in my ear "I'm sorry".

So in the end we were able to go out to the park and get their free slurpees from 7-11!

grin

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 12:46 pm
momx5 wrote:
Thanks for all your replies. I know that I should be happy to be able to deal with this aggravation. My neighbor walked by my house this morning - she is my age (same class in school) and she isn't yet married and here I am sitting outside with all my kids waiting for the camp bus to come. Sad

I explained to them what they did wrong - how 1st of all they are NOT allowed to use pens ever (this they know but forget bec. they write on my walls and its so hard to get pen off walls) and now the screen is ruined and how they know the rule is that we ONLY color on PAPER with crayon/pencil but NEVER pen!
I put them in them room and told that they have to apologize for what they did.

Within 2 min. 1 dd came out and apologized and a few minutes later the other dd came out and whispered in my ear "I'm sorry".

So in the end we were able to go out to the park and get their free slurpees from 7-11!
Hooray you're a great mom!

momx6

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 8:33 pm
thanks grin for your vote of confidence!

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 9:03 pm
Try Mr Clean Magic Erase.

OutATowner

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 9:09 pm
Quote:

Not on a computer, it will drip into it. Put a DROP of 409 or something similar on a washcloth and srub.
And yes, you sound like a great mother.

Sherri

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 9:10 pm
amother wrote:
I was in your place exactly 20 years ago, except we didn't have a computer for them to scribble on.
Hang in there. This stage goes by fast.
You're building bragging rights.
When your pals or sibs or future dds or dils with one baby moan and groan about how hard it is and they're going out of their mind, you'll be able to look at them and say "don't kvetch to me, I had two at once and we all survived."

Meantime check out http://answers.yahoo.com/quest.....ytErC

Enjoy your walk.
Love this!! (Why anon!)

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 9:13 pm
OutATowner wrote:
Quote:

Not on a computer, it will drip into it. Put a DROP of 409 or something similar on a washcloth and srub.

No not on a computer. Sorry I thought it was self evident.

momx6

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 9:17 pm
OutATowner wrote:
Quote:

I used a slightly damp paper towel and got 99% of it off! BH

OutATowner

Post Wed, Jul 11 2012, 9:32 pm
great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more