Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancun

amother

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 2:40 pm
My husband and I are planning a trip to Cancun. I heard its tough to import raw meat but you can try to get documents to allow it. Is cooked meat and chicken allowed? ANy idea how to do it? The chabad food might not be open during our stay Sad Any nice hotel recommendations? Any information would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 2:49 pm
Go to Cozumel if you have the opportunity. Also go see the pyramids.

self-actualization

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:23 pm
When I went to Mexico we took a lot of double-wrapped frozen meals from Chap-a-Nosh that were salmon and chicken. I didn't want to risk getting caught with meat (even cooked) but looking back I think that (a) cooked meals are probably okay, (b) no one opened our boxes either in Mexico City or at our remote destination area (not Cancun), and (c) we definitely got tired of fish and chicken after a few days. I would suggest also bringing some other/dairy meal ingredients, assuming that you will have a fridge. We found a local Walmart that had kosher cereal and some pareve rice milk, and we bought lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, and some Tropicana and beer. Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:31 pm
We also took a lot of double wrapped frozen meals when we went to cancun. but we did have some meat and the dogs sniffed us out at the airport and we had to give up the package of liver we had!!! (they left it at that, so the rest of the meat we had went thru!!) we numbered all our packages, kept a list of what they all were, and gave the whole box to the chef to freeze. Every time we wanted a meal, we called the kitchen, told them what number box we wanted heated up. It worked really well. Was a great vacation.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:38 pm
It's beautiful there! Just be careful of your possesions, my wallet was stolen there. You can bring labriute or mealmart boxed meals with you. I stayed at the oasis.

rac429

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 3:46 pm
Jdeal is offering an amazing deal for Cancun. The link is http://www.jdeal.com/new-york?.....5430. It is for 4 days and 3 nights at a really nice looking resort for only $299.00. Just be aware that there is only 1 day left to buy the deal and you don't have to use it until 08/2013.

mynameismom

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 4:50 pm
OMG I want to buy that getaway but what could the catch be?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics