Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
How much laundry loads do you have post tisha bav?
1  2  3  Next

curlyhead

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:11 am
7 loads done, 5 folded, 1 in dryer and 1 in washing machine. Still have about 3 more to go.
I do have a small washer and dryer.

fiddle

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:19 am
im finished everything.

white, other lighter colors, off white, dark - boxers/socks t shirts, dark - jeans, heavier polo shirts and pants, towels all folded and put away, and the linen is still in the dryer.

Liba

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:31 am
One delicate, two light/white, one dark and I am pretty much done, on to things like the bath rug. I need to change sheets and then I will have another two loads to do though. B"H my washer is pretty big.

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:51 am
I think family size would make a big difference here.

We have 7 loads of laundry (includes bed sheets) but we are only a family of four. I can't imagine the mountain of laundry some of the bigger families must have, especially with older kids since each piece of clothing gets larger as well!

It is taking me longer to get through the pile because we don't have a dryer, but at least the hot weather is good for something!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 6:11 am
One load in drier, two more loads to do. Nothing folded yet.
We are a family of three.

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 6:44 am
I am also almost finished- that just shows that all these worries about laundry during the nine days are unfounded!

neverbored

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 6:58 am
3 loads down, probably 3 more to go. Linen is a different story.

rovacat

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:05 am
I did 4 since last night. I got up at 4 am to put one in lol. I have probably 4 more. Its a lot of work but it feels so good to get done!

m in Israel

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:16 am
My husband and I have a bet on as to whether it will be more or less than 15 (including linens and towels)! We are a family of 6, all my kids are boys -- and that makes big difference, too Wink

So far 4 completely finished (2 1/2 of those folded) plus one in the wash, one in the dryer, for 6 altogether. I am just about reaching the top of my 3 large laundry baskets, so I would guess another 4 or 5 loads of clothing, and then linen is 3 loads altogether. That would equal a grand total of 13--14 loads, making me the winner of our bet (I said less than 15, he said more)!

Now why on earth are my numbers so much higher than everyone else on this thread? (My machine is actually pretty big, too).

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:30 am
m in Israel wrote:
My husband and I have a bet on as to whether it will be more or less than 15 (including linens and towels)! We are a family of 6, all my kids are boys -- and that makes big difference, too Wink

So far 4 completely finished (2 1/2 of those folded) plus one in the wash, one in the dryer, for 6 altogether. I am just about reaching the top of my 3 large laundry baskets, so I would guess another 4 or 5 loads of clothing, and then linen is 3 loads altogether. That would equal a grand total of 13--14 loads, making me the winner of our bet (I said less than 15, he said more)!

Now why on earth are my numbers so much higher than everyone else on this thread? (My machine is actually pretty big, too).

I'm glad you posted - I've lost count already, but I have done a few already, at least 6, and am just starting to make a dent in the pile... (and I have an 8kg machine). I was also starting to wonder why I am different.

Also, things that make a difference, apart from the obvious family size: older children (more and bigger clothes), and being chareidi (yes, really, more clothes, at least in summer).

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:33 am
Not as many as I thought. I think the 5th load is in the wash now. Mostly just clothes, a few towels. A lot of it is even folded and put away. Not counting linen on beds now. I have an 11kg machine.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:34 am
shalhevet wrote:
m in Israel wrote:

I'm glad you posted - I've lost count already, but I have done a few already, at least 6, and am just starting to make a dent in the pile... (and I have an 8kg machine). I was also starting to wonder why I am different.

Also, things that make a difference, apart from the obvious family size: older children (more and bigger clothes), and being chareidi (yes, really, more clothes, at least in summer).
Smile This question is asked out of pure curiosity. How are there more clothing for charedim in the summer, other than maybe tights or socks than the rest of the population?

freidasima

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:35 am
Well we hang and don't use the dryer during the summer so nothing is happening fast here. Did two loads last night, and have at least three more sitting waiting for the lines to free up. Have a standing dryer for the winter and that's all full too! And that's without changing all the linens and I haven't even started towels etc., so all together I would say we will have five or six. Minimum.

m in Israel

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:40 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
m in Israel wrote:

Smile This question is asked out of pure curiosity. How are there more clothing for charedim in the summer, other than maybe tights or socks than the rest of the population?

I actually never thought about this, but once shalhavet posted, I realized it does make sense. My older boys for example, wear long pants (not shorts), even in the summer, and are more likely to wear polo shirts rather than t-shirts for example, all of which are bulkier/ take up more room. I don't have any girls, but Chareidi girls also tend to wear longer sleeves/ skirts, etc. in the summer, and to start wearing longer things at a younger age, and the bulk does add up. Of course, it doesn't explain double the loads, but it makes a difference. Similar concept if your kids are older -- clothing takes up more space.

ChaniH

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:47 am
I think I have 4 (not including the linen)I just started, we're not allowed to use the machine last 9 here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:49 am
Also, everyone here wears undershirts - the boys because we hold they need an undershirt under their tzitzis, and the girls for tznius. A 13 year old DL boy wears a T-shirt, tzitzis and pants, possibly socks and possibly not. A 13 year old chareidi boy wears an undershirt, tzitzis, a button-down white shirt and socks. Similarly with girls.

chani8

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:50 am
I have my two washers and two dryers going, and they pop the fuses constantly, or we have to shut of the ACs. I cant line dry, never learned how to do it, and my clothes always end up dirty and stiff.

There is no way to count how many loads...it's endless...and we even did some laundry last week...

Not doing laundry for a week has always been more of a vacation than a punishment, and then, after the fast, I wonder why I"m now getting punished.

It should be, no laundry for the week before the nine days, so during the nine days, we're miserable and overwhelmed with so much laundry.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:54 am
shalhevet wrote:
Also, everyone here wears undershirts - the boys because we hold they need an undershirt under their tzitzis, and the girls for tznius. A 13 year old DL boy wears a T-shirt, tzitzis and pants, possibly socks and possibly not. A 13 year old chareidi boy wears an undershirt, tzitzis, a button-down white shirt and socks. Similarly with girls.
Interesting example because I dont know if everyone does this, but my husband, MO guy, wears, every day to work, a polo shirt, an undershirt and tzitzit. But then again, I am doing laundry at least two times every week, just for my husband really, otherwise, after two weeks of not washing all of his clothing, it would be worse than the 9 days Smile

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:45 am
Just put the first one in (dark 1) I still have another dark, two hot washes (underwear and shirts and towels) and at least two lights and a cold.

So I would say about 6/7. I don't fill my washing machine till the top though I prefer to do two half than one full I find it cleans better.
Folding is a dream in the future as is ironing (which I still have from before the fast). By shabbs, when we want to sit on the couch, Ill have to have finished the folding. lol.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:53 am
I am STUNNED to say that without towels and linens (I'll do those at the end of the week for Shabbat, what's a few more days in linens that we only use after a shower anyway)..... we had only 4 loads! I can't believe it. Family of 6, 3 adult males. We were pretty frugal, I'll say and NEVER smell! I don't know how we did it. We had mountains of whites, which were done in 2 American machine loads, and 2 darks. The only thing that's still waiting is a dark table cloth which will have to wait for another time this week.
We got 2 loads of whites and one load of darks washed and up last night and another this morning so that by the time I came home from work, all the laundry was line-dry and I could fold it all and put it away.
And the 9 days was longer this year.... I don't know how this happened. Kudos to my family!
I do at least 7 loads/week in a normal week. I'm scratching my head. A miracle!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note