Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
How much laundry loads do you have post tisha bav?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

bk

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 8:57 am
Well, I think the BIG difference is if you are using an Israeli machine or an American one. Besides for the difference in size (although someone wrote she has an 11 kg machine - that is very big and not typical in Israel) I believe the Israeli machines take so so much longer as well..
I remember being very very overwhelmed 2 years ago when I still lived there, now we have moved to America, and I find doing laundry over here totally not comparable!!

My question is, for those doing over 10 loads, is that what you do EVERY week/week 1/2??

I for one (family of 2 adults, 4 children) think I can do it all in 3 loads, and prob. another 2 for towels and linens (I think that might wait until later in the week) that brings me to a total of 5 loads! But I do have a big American Machine..

Now, when I will get to fold it all is another story!!

black sheep

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:06 am
I have a "big american machine" as you guys call it Smile and if I would wash all the piled up laundry, I could go all day. it would probably be about 8 loads. and I haven't changed the linnens yet, but I think I'll wait for that until all the laundry goes through at least one cycle. normally I do one load a day, so actually it makes sense to have 8 loads after the 9 days. I'm not going to wash it all in one shot though. towels first, then youngest kids baskets, then tomorrow I'll do the older kids laundry, by the end of the week when I'll get to the linnens, I'm sure the younger kids basket and towel basket will be full again...
if you're looking for me over the next week, I'll be folding laundry. or hiding in my closet.

chani8

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:07 am
I think I'll just send my laundry to america.

chani8

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:08 am
Please send it back folded nicely.

thatworn

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:22 am
3 loads of clothes done. One for clothes that go best in the dryer, two for hanging. Don't know when I'll do towels and linens. We are 4, B"H. DDs are little and prone to food/poop/spit up messes so I did wash a few things by hand when we ran out.

Frazzled Mommy

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:29 am
Did three... have another two- without the sheets, which can wait another couple of days.... Happy washing everyone...

elaela

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:48 am
five loads. not including linen. small family but over night guests. we have a small washing mashine. I did wash baby'S clothes during the 9 days.

almost everything is washed BUT there is no place to dry the stuff Sad socks dry on the heaters , underware on the kitchen chairs ...

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 9:51 am
Let's see. I've done two and have 3 more due urgently, and 2 more that will probably wait for tomorrow.

chani8

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:02 am
With 5 teens, the towels were first.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:51 am
I had five loads. I have a huge machine. Now its all folded and hamper is empty for two minutes.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:56 am
I've done three so far and I'm anticipating two or three more.

Soul on fire

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 11:42 am
2 done, 1 in the washer and too many left to count. I probably won't finish anything today because I am sick, pregnant and low on detergent. but the major necessities will be done.

ray family

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 11:55 am
being sefardi I washed laundry all of last week (as my kids would say nah nah nah kush kush)
still today I had 2 loads of linen (from shabbos guests) 1 load of towels (also from guests) plus my regular loads that I normally do sunday. plus one load of shmattahs (6 loads total)
(if it makes any difference I have an israeli machine so it takes much longer)
I was able to get 5 loads washed before going out this AM. have one load in now. still have all my folding.
Ironing will have to wait for tomorrow

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:33 pm
Well, I have 7, and that is with all the loads I did last week, since there was no shavuah shcheal bo, we were able to do laundry all week.... 3 loads were linen from my kids bed, but I have lots left to do, and its just from Friday.

The machine is big, but the amount of laundry is bigger...

momx6

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:42 pm
8 loads done, washed, dried, folded, put away!

...And I'm DONE! (till the hamper fills again which will be very very soon!)

I did 3 loads last night even though I really had no energy and then got up at 5:30 this morning to keep it moving along.

I'm glad that I dont have piles and piles laying around anymore!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:44 pm
Really? I washed our linens and I'll run out of exercise clothes later this week, but we have enough stuff until Shabbos otherwise, BH.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:49 pm
Five loads.

Did linen right before, gonna do again probably Wednesday.

Two loads of towels

One load of delicates which includes ds's stuff and all of my sweaters and dh's polos (big load but we managed)

One load whites

One load socks and underwear.

gila-rina

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:54 pm
4 loads bedding, 2 dark, 2 light, 2 more to go
family of 10.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 5:58 pm
Working on my fourth clothing load (huge, fills up my entire front loader which is quite big) and have 2 more to go. I also did an enormous cloth diaper load and today's bathing suits. I have yet to do linen.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 6:01 pm
Here is me hoping that I can get my basket EMPTY before it fills up again.
One load left to go in (that includes the outfit I am wearing) but give it 10mins until dh goes in the shower and we will be back to square one lol.

The couch is a different story, dare you walk into my dining room LOL
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note