Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Darchei noam in rbs
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 12:58 am
Hi there, allib8,

I am the previous amother who was asking questions about darchei noam. we went there on our pilot trip! we met families in different parts of RBS who send their boys to darchei, eg, a family in Ramat shilo, also other families in RBSA on different streets.
Personally, I really liked the school (but DH did not Sad it was too chareidi for him)
I can tell you my impressions if you want - we really liked Rav Myers. It was clear to us, that the school adn his shul are totally separate and different. he told us that his shul , (I think it is called Menorat hamaor?) is a big mix of people, but mainly dati leumi. the school is clearly going very chareidi, it is about 99% kids of anglos which is really interesting. he is trying to teach them tolerance and ahavat yisrael for all yidden, I really liked him. the school has rules about boys having to wear hats and jackets for tefillah, which shows it is leaning towards being very chareidi.

not much info here , but hope this helps a bit. haztlacha

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 1:18 am
Is it in RSBA or B? What age do they start, and/or are there ganim connected with the school? Sounds like a nice place for my grandson (he is 15 months old).

Tweedy

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 12:50 am
Bump

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 3:01 am
tweedy- what would you like to know? I looked into it for my son, but in the end decided it's not for us. It does look like a really great school though.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 3:01 am
amother wrote:
Hi there, allib8,

I am the previous amother who was asking questions about darchei noam. we went there on our pilot trip! we met families in different parts of RBS who send their boys to darchei, eg, a family in Ramat shilo, also other families in RBSA on different streets.
Personally, I really liked the school (but DH did not Sad it was too chareidi for him)
I can tell you my impressions if you want - we really liked Rav Myers. It was clear to us, that the school adn his shul are totally separate and different. he told us that his shul , (I think it is called Menorat hamaor?) is a big mix of people, but mainly dati leumi. the school is clearly going very chareidi, it is about 99% kids of anglos which is really interesting. he is trying to teach them tolerance and ahavat yisrael for all yidden, I really liked him. the school has rules about boys having to wear hats and jackets for tefillah, which shows it is leaning towards being very chareidi.

not much info here , but hope this helps a bit. haztlacha

Rabbi Myers if very warm and kind and inclusive to all types. This works great in his shul - Menorat HaMaor.

[Lashon hara removed]

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 6:41 am
Red amother above, I reported your post. What terrible loshan hora.

We really looked into the school for our son and only heard wonderful things about it. We went for an interview and to see the school and were so impressed by the boys, their level of learning, their respect for their teachers and the fact that Rabbi Myers sit outside every single recess and watches the boys, often commenting if necessary and encouraging them in their middos. I have spoken to at least 10 parents who send their kids to DN, and they all commented that good middos are really pushed in the school, something that more israeli schools often lack. We met Rav Friedman and Rav Myers, and they both mentioned that they pride themselves that their boys have good middos, and they work very, very hard to imbue that. Why are you so bitter about that? They openly say that they want to take the best of the american culture and merge it into an israeli school, and they are clearly succeeding. I did not hear one word of loshan hora about any other school.

The only thing correct in your post is that Rav Myers shul and the school are very different- yes, the school is more of an american yeshivish crowd, which his shul is not, it's more dati leumi. Do you go to his shul and weren't accepted by the school? Whatever your case may be, it gives you no right to slander a school.

Good luck, OP.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 7:04 am
amother wrote:

The only thing correct in your post is that Rav Myers shul and the school are very different- yes, the school is more of an american yeshivish crowd, which his shul is not, it's more dati leumi. Do you go to his shul and weren't accepted by the school? Whatever your case may be, it gives you no right to slander a school.

Good luck, OP.

You are telling me that my post is not correct? How dare you. I get that you did not have the same experience, but really...
We heard wonderful things about it too. And as we were gathering info on schools we heard the same beautiful words come out of the Rabbis mouths.
And then they got down to tachlis regarding other schools - we were looking for our oldest, so it didn't impact us directly - and the unfortunate middos of the children in the "other" schools.

I am not a liar.

ETA: LOL, maybe I should report your post for your claim to know which posts are correct and which are not. Amazing chutzpa.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 7:27 am
Red amother, you described them as judgemental, arrogant and exclusive. You claim they speak down about the middos of children in other schools. Whether or not that's what you think, it's downright loshan hora. Personally I found it to be the total opposite of what you claim, so of course I don't believe it.

Report me all you want... Rolling Eyes
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics