Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where to find cheap undershirts
1  2  Next

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:08 pm
I hardly put ds in undershirts from spring and on and dh told me I need to buy some before ds's upsherin because he can't wear the tzitzis against his skin.

He is not toilet trained yet (although I'm hoping he will be within the next couple of months), but I don't think I want the ones with the snaps still.

Can I use regular little boys undershirts? He's probably a 3T or 4T size wise in t-shirts.

Where can I get a couple of cheap packages in boro park? What companies are good? What is a good price? I don't want the one that's like another t-shirt. Maybe the ribbed ones? I'm so clueless.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:10 pm
Sox on sixty I think has
In flat bush - target

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:21 pm
Pineapple wrote:
Sox on sixty I think has
In flat bush - target

Thanks! I'm not shlepping to target. How much do you think the ones at sox on sixty are?

Pineapple

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:22 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Pineapple wrote:
Sox on sixty I think has
In flat bush - target

Thanks! I'm not shlepping to target. How much do you think the ones at sox on sixty are?

Don't remember sorry

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:25 pm
Are you sure about doing that for kids? I was under the impression that its not a problem for a boy that age.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:29 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Are you sure about doing that for kids? I was under the impression that its not a problem for a boy that age.

Both dh and my father told me.

smoms

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:30 pm
AFAIK a boy who is not toilet trained should not wear tzizis.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:33 pm
smoms wrote:

that's not how we understand it.

smoms

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 8:50 pm
Fabulous wrote:
smoms wrote:

that's not how we understand it.

I'm confused. Understand what? I have also heard that tzizis should not be worn against the skin. That's not what I was referring to. Have you asked a Rav whether a child who is not toilet trained may wear tzizis?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 9:11 pm
fabulous, All in One on 51st off 13th should have cheap ones.

smoms, it doesn't sound like fabulou's son is 3 yet. from the way I understand it, she'd like to get her ds some undershirts, and she is keeping in mind that he will hopefully be toilet trained within the next couple of months when he will get his upsherin, and so she needs something without snaps for the first time.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 9:27 pm
He will be three within the month. AFAIK a child should wear tzitzis and yamulka from 3rd birthday, regardless of toilet training.

Is it a shaila I should be asking?

ETA: Thanks ra_mom for the location and MAZEL TOV!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 9:29 pm
Fabulous wrote:
He will be three within the month. AFAIK a child should wear tzitzis and yamulka from 3rd birthday, regardless of toilet training.

Many hold that if a 3 yr old isn't toilet trained, he should wear his yarmulka at all times, and the tzitzis only for the bracha, not all day. It's worth asking a shaila.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Aug 15 2012, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 9:30 pm
Fabulous wrote:

ETA: Thanks ra_mom for the location and MAZEL TOV!

My pleasure.
Amen!
And an early Mazel Tov to your little prince! Very Happy

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 9:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Fabulous wrote:

Many hold that if a 3 yr old isn't toilet trained, he should wear his yarmulka, and the tzitzis only for the bracha, not all day. It's worth asking a shaila.

Thanks! I didn't even know that. Hence the sentence about me being clueless.

smoms

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 9:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:

smoms, it doesn't sound like fabulou's son is 3 yet. from the way I understand it, she'd like to get her ds some undershirts, and she is keeping in mind that he will hopefully be toilet trained within the next couple of months when he will get his upsherin, and so she needs something without snaps for the first time.

In a couple of months, it will be fall and winter. Why in the world would she preface her request with the fact that she hardly wears them from Spring onwards?

Sorry, OP, I did not mean to nitpick your post. I have found cheap undershirts (sleeveless tank tops) at Bergament.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 9:38 pm
smoms wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

In a couple of months, it will be fall and winter. Why in the world would she preface her request with the fact that she hardly wears them from Spring onwards?

Sorry, OP, I did not mean to nitpick your post. I have found cheap undershirts (sleeveless tank tops) at Bergament.

Thanks. I just meant that I don't have any left that fit him so I have to buy more and I usually buy them around October time. Now, I feel rushed because of the upsherin and he's not trained, and I was always told use the snap ones till trained and then the regular ones. I don't want to buy the snap ones because he's going to school and it's much easier to change him without the snaps in addition.

smoms

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 10:02 pm
Fabulous wrote:
smoms wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Thanks. I just meant that I don't have any left that fit him so I have to buy more and I usually buy them around October time. Now, I feel rushed because of the upsherin and he's not trained, and I was always told use the snap ones till trained and then the regular ones. I don't want to buy the snap ones because he's going to school and it's much easier to change him without the snaps in addition.

Personally, I switch to regular ones as soon as they fit into them, bec. I find it so much easier.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 11:58 pm
another option would be to buy undershirt tzitzis for him...then you dont need another layer between that and skin.

paprika

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 12:12 am
Rosenberg's on 40th corner 13 has the Hanes undershirts for really cheap. The last time I bought it they charged for a pack of 3 undershirts $3-$4.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 10:23 am
Thanks everyone. I just spoke to dh about this tzitzis and not toilet trained business and he said he never heard of it but if it might make life a little easier, I should call our Rav (which I will tonight iyH).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries