Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Getting on Bituach Leumi

Lolo88

Post Mon, Oct 08 2012, 1:46 pm
I am curious to know how people have gotten on bituach leumi with the 6 month waiting period... I have a visa from march but I went to chutz laretz for the summer... does it reset? or can I still get on BL?
any past experience or advice would be nice!!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 08 2012, 2:02 pm
Do you mean getting on avtaachat hachnaasa? Do people get a stipend for for sitting and learning here in Israel in addtion to 80-90 percent discounts on property tax fees and virtually free health care?

shabri

Post Mon, Oct 08 2012, 2:08 pm
It's 6 mos from the date of the visa. Your time in chul won't count but it doesn't get reset. Just deducted.

Liba

Post Mon, Oct 08 2012, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
Do you mean getting on avtaachat hachnaasa? Do people get a stipend for for sitting and learning here in Israel in addtion to 80-90 percent discounts on property tax fees and virtually free health care?

she means singing up for the virtually free healthcare. She has been paying for it out of pocket until now and since she did so for six months she gets paid back for those six months and virtually free health care from here on out...

Lolo88

Post Mon, Oct 08 2012, 2:59 pm
SO wait, you said it will get deducted so I need to wait an extra 2 months if thats how long I was in chul for... yes I am on meuchedit and paying out of pocket ... I just want to get it over and done with... another question has anyone ever been charged extra fees bc they have been in Israel without it, once they get onto bituach leumi?

shabri

Post Mon, Oct 08 2012, 4:08 pm
Yes it goes by days. So you need to be in Israel 180 or so days before you can sign up. They dont have to be consecutive. As long as you have a visa, you are allowed to be here without bituach liumi. No extra fees.

If Lu have a newcomers guide, all the info is there

Lolo88

Post Mon, Oct 08 2012, 4:36 pm
Thanks so much!
but, what if for about a year I didn't have a visa.... thats the whole reason I had to wait so long... am I going to get charged for bituach leumi for that time?

shabri

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 1:11 am
No what would they charge you for? You are not obligated to be in BL. It's a gift that they give students who are here studying abroad.

Just wait the 6 mos, go in fill out the paperwork, pay them and you are good to go.

kb

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 2:09 am
I don't know how it works really - this is one of those things I leave to dh - but I believe we ended up back-paying bituach leumi for all the time we had a visa for on the assumption that we're going to get reimbursed or something.... but nothing doing on that front so far!

And not to hijack this post, but is it true that even if you have a baby in chul, you can get a stipend for that child when you live here?

AhavatYisrael

Post Tue, Oct 09 2012, 5:13 am
When you get on BL you have to pay from the time your current visa started, whether it was 6 months ago, or 2 years ago (even if you weren't paying meuhedet the whole time that you had your visa).

Also, because you will have to pay BL for the last 6 months, even though you already paid meuhedet for that, once you get on BL, there's someone that you can call at BL to get back the money you paid from pocket to meuhedet.

Lolo88

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 4:20 pm
I was told today from meuchedit that I have had a visa from 2 years ago... yes true... but it has expired and BL wont let me get on until 6 months from my newest visa.... is that insane, am I going to get charged for 2 years???? this is so stressful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions