Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Here's the magazine!
1  2  Next

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:13 pm
Ok, folks. The first mini-edition of the magazine is up. (sorry, no printable version yet. hopefully for the next edition.)

Here's the link:

http://outofthebluemagazine.blogspot.com/

feel free to leave feedback, I know there are things that need more work.

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:16 pm
cookies look yummy!!!

sequoia

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:23 pm
It's good!

But I do NOT want my name on there if I write something! Sequoia I will ever be Smile

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:25 pm
sequoia wrote:
It's good!

But I do NOT want my name on there if I write something! Sequoia I will ever be Smile

ok, sequoia. at least it sounds like a pen name. if your screenname were daffy duck I'd ask you to give me a more respectable pseudonym. and I'll take that book review when you're ready Smile

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:26 pm
sequoia wrote:
It's good!

why don't you want your name on there? Sad

sequoia

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:27 pm
*PMs Yael if she can change her name to Daffy Duck*

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:27 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
sequoia wrote:
It's good!

happy 2b, most of the names there are pen names. nothing wrong with that.

milchigs

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:33 pm
WOW!!!
Excellent job, hope you keep them coming! This really makes me want to contribute Smile Keep up the good work!

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:37 pm
sequoia wrote:
*PMs Yael if she can change her name to Daffy Duck*

that's ok, as long as you're sequoia on your byline.

maybe you can give your avatar a daffy duck hair clip Smile

happyone

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:52 pm
Love the graphics.

monkey

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:53 pm
Thank you-looks like great bedtime reading material Smile

Happy 2B

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:55 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
Happy 2B wrote:
sequoia wrote:
It's good!

of course there is nothing wrong with pen names.. I was asking why doesn't sequoia want her name there? and Daffy Duck is a great name Smile

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:56 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
Happy 2B wrote:
sequoia wrote:
It's good!

of course there is nothing wrong with pen names.. I was asking why doesn't sequoia want her name there? and Daffy Duck is a great name Smile

sure, daffy duck is a great name if your most frequent sentence is "thufferin' thuccotash!"

bigsis144

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 9:59 pm
I tried to leave a comment (I recognized the ingredient amounts in the chocolate chip cookie recipe because I've been making it for years, except with oil instead of margarine, with great results), but I have to have a blog (wordpress, blogger, livejournal, etc.) to do it.

Is this intentional, or could you tweak the commenting settings to make it easier for reader feedback directly on the website?

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:05 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I tried to leave a comment (I recognized the ingredient amounts in the chocolate chip cookie recipe because I've been making it for years, except with oil instead of margarine, with great results), but I have to have a blog (wordpress, blogger, livejournal, etc.) to do it.

Is this intentional, or could you tweak the commenting settings to make it easier for reader feedback directly on the website?

bigsis, you shouldn't need a blog to leave a comment. you just need an account, which is free to set up.

riki28

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:08 pm
The 1st recipe has no marg in the list of ingredients, but has it in the directions. Was it left out by mistake?
I personally think it's hard to read the poem b/c the background graphics are too dark.
That said, I enjoyed it.

September June

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:09 pm
Thanks Mummiedearest and everyone else! It looks great!

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:12 pm
riki28 wrote:
The 1st recipe has no marg in the list of ingredients, but has it in the directions. Was it left out by mistake?
I personally think it's hard to read the poem b/c the background graphics are too dark.
That said, I enjoyed it.

lol. I must have looked that over for grammar and not content Smile

sorry, folks.

and thanks for the feedback about the poem's layout. good to know.

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:16 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
riki28 wrote:
That said, I enjoyed it.

lol. I must have looked that over for grammar and not content Smile

sorry, folks.

and thanks for the feedback about the poem's layout. good to know.

and I rechecked. it lists margarine. maybe the spacing makes it hard to notice. I'll note that for future recipes, thanks.

bigsis144

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:17 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
bigsis144 wrote:

bigsis, you shouldn't need a blog to leave a comment. you just need an account, which is free to set up.

I already have too many accounts and passwords to remember. Smile

I manage a website, and I intentionally avoided requiring people to create accounts to comment because the hassle definitely discourages spur-of-the-moment commenting. Most people would only go through that if they REALLY wanted to say something. Sometimes that's intentional on the part of the website creators to prevent spamming and idiotic/inflammatory comments, but I prefer to be as user-friendly and feedback-encouraging as possible.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room