Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Here's the magazine!
Previous  1  2

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:18 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
bigsis144 wrote:
I tried to leave a comment (I recognized the ingredient amounts in the chocolate chip cookie recipe because I've been making it for years, except with oil instead of margarine, with great results), but I have to have a blog (wordpress, blogger, livejournal, etc.) to do it.

Is this intentional, or could you tweak the commenting settings to make it easier for reader feedback directly on the website?

bigsis, you shouldn't need a blog to leave a comment. you just need an account, which is free to set up.

I already have too many accounts and passwords to remember. Smile

I manage a website, and I intentionally avoided requiring people to create accounts to comment because the hassle definitely discourages spur-of-the-moment commenting. Most people would only go through that if they REALLY wanted to say something. Sometimes that's intentional on the part of the website creators to prevent spamming and idiotic/inflammatory comments, but I prefer to be as user-friendly and feedback-encouraging as possible.

I think you should be able to sign in with your gmail account if you have one. I did not do anything to the commenting settings. I'll do some research.

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:28 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

I manage a website, and I intentionally avoided requiring people to create accounts to comment because the hassle definitely discourages spur-of-the-moment commenting. Most people would only go through that if they REALLY wanted to say something. Sometimes that's intentional on the part of the website creators to prevent spamming and idiotic/inflammatory comments, but I prefer to be as user-friendly and feedback-encouraging as possible.

Let's hear it for bigsis! It's most annoying to be forced to join a site just to leave a comment. Even if I REALLY want to say something (don't I always? LOL), the process of joining puts me off. And the fact is, malice will out. Someone who wants to make a malicious or inflammatory post is far less likely to be dissuaded by the rerquirement to open an account than someone who wants to make a complimentary or neutral one.

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 10:36 pm
zaq wrote:
bigsis144 wrote:

Let's hear it for bigsis! It's most annoying to be forced to join a site just to leave a comment. Even if I REALLY want to say something (don't I always? LOL), the process of joining puts me off. And the fact is, malice will out. Someone who wants to make a malicious or inflammatory post is far less likely to be dissuaded by the rerquirement to open an account than someone who wants to make a complimentary or neutral one.

fixed it! someone try to leave a comment anonymously Smile

sneakermom

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 11:00 pm
Beautiful work mummiedearest!

Sherri

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 11:34 pm
Wow!

If women wrote with pen names, can they then link their pen names to their screen names (so they'd still be anon)? I'd love to know "who" wrote what! Smile

smilingmom

Post Sat, Oct 13 2012, 11:56 pm
Great job. Really enjoyable.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 12:22 am
Sherri wrote:
Wow!

If women wrote with pen names, can they then link their pen names to their screen names (so they'd still be anon)? I'd love to know "who" wrote what! Smile

they're welcome to reveal their pennames here if they want to.

black sheep

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 1:01 am
nice job mummidearest!

merelyme

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 4:03 am
Really impressive!

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 9:19 am
ok, I have tested out the comments. you can post anon without signing in. feel free to leave authors some feedback now.

for those of you who want to read more, I'm going to need more submissions. please email them as an attachment to outofthebluemagazine@gmail.com.

thanks!

StrongIma

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 9:42 am
very nice reading - yeshar koach to all the contributors

gp2.0

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 10:28 am
Only had time to read some of it but what I did read was really great!

Happy18

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 10:40 am
Havent had a chance to read it all yet, but so far looks great!!!

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 2:18 am
Just wanted to thank all the contributors, it was a very nice read all around! I don't have much love for the blog format, but the content was very good. Makes me more motivated to come up with something for a future issue, knowing that I'd be part of such a worthy group!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 10:23 am
I also think the layout is not conducive to a magazine. I know wordpress has magazine layouts -- perhaps blogspot does too? I don't like scrolling down to see what I want to read. If I saw 4 articles, for example, with snippets, I could click on the one I wanted to read...

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 10:27 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I also think the layout is not conducive to a magazine. I know wordpress has magazine layouts -- perhaps blogspot does too? I don't like scrolling down to see what I want to read. If I saw 4 articles, for example, with snippets, I could click on the one I wanted to read...

they do have one, but it doesn't allow certain other important features. when they improve that template, I'll switch.

daisymae

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 7:41 pm
Good job, mummiedearest! I can't wait for the next issue!

daisymae

Post Mon, Oct 15 2012, 7:43 pm
Oops, left out saying "good job!" to contributors too! A great read all around!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room