Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Posters and postings

amother

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 12:47 pm
How do you handle the nasty posters on this website. There is one woman I am specifically speaking about, but of course would never use her name, who is always arguing with people and cutting them down. Do you think she should be kicked off?

roza

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 12:53 pm
there need to be a system, when after an x amount of complains to the Admin or mod, the user is banned for 3 -5 days.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 12:54 pm
Certain people on here are friends with the mods, or are mods themselves and action is never taken against them.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 12:55 pm
I sometimes get very weird PMs too

Just because I am divorced.. It just comes with the territory.. Think of your community, I am sure there are people in your community that do the same. But we learn to avoid them and ignore their comments.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 1:09 pm
This isn't a democracy! I've said it again and again.
Whatever Yael decides, goes.

If you have a problem with a spec. poster, you could approach her directly. I have.

roza

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 1:43 pm
only1 wrote:
Certain people on here are friends with the mods, or are mods themselves and action is never taken against them.

yeah, I forgot about the 'moderators mafia' ...

shayna82

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 1:53 pm
um if everyone is having the same problem with the same user, does that democracy thing still apply. I mean come on???

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 1:55 pm
I seem to remember that Yael also has rules. So that would mean that anyone, including mods, would have to abide by them.

Quote:

1. Treat each other with dignity and respect. All participants have the right to engage in heated and even passionate debate, as long as you can address issues, not people. Launching personal attacks against another participant is unacceptable and will be moderated. Avoid words of incitement. Language meant merely to mock and insult should never be used.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
How do you handle the nasty posters on this website. There is one woman I am specifically speaking about, but of course would never use her name, who is always arguing with people and cutting them down. Do you think she should be kicked off?

Without names, what are you referring to? Maybe this poster doesn't realize it. Please make us all aware of what you define as cutting down.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 2:10 pm
This poster does know it but this is what she is all about!controlling and nasty!try to stay away from her!she 'll make your life misrable!

su7kids

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 2:20 pm
one day we'll have a "block" feature and it will be awesome!!!

Piper

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 2:55 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
I sometimes get very weird PMs too

Just because I am divorced.. It just comes with the territory.. Think of your community, I am sure there are people in your community that do the same. But we learn to avoid them and ignore their comments.

Weird pm's because you are divorced Question

Tefila

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 6:21 pm
Quote:

Yes amother I have noticed amother can be really nasty Exploding anger , that yael herself or a mod has had to delete her posts. Why she's still on and posting about, this is shall I say irionic Rolling Eyes

Amother look in the mirror first that is unless you r speaking about yourself then gezunta heit freilichim heit 8)

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 6:29 pm
I think I can handle it to a point - and then sometimes I just get pissed and start cursing at computer - lucky you can't hear

What bothers me most is that I believe this poster doesn't even realize that it is her or what she does to other posters - she seems to think we are doing something to her - it does take the fun out of some of the conversations - that could otherwise be interesting or playful or theraputic Shooting Arrow

Mod2

Post Tue, Jan 16 2007, 7:03 pm
If anyone has a problem with a poster they can report to the moderator or admin. Via pm or email, not through a thread.
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics