Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What's wrong with you ladies?
1  2  Next

lotte

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:32 am
As a new member at imamother I must say I am shocked...
I see so many nasty posts so many times.
Small little fights between some members.
some women seem to get really upset
I thought imamother is here for fun, for relaxing, for feeling good and maybe making friends-not enemies! Rolling Eyes

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:34 am
isn't that just life - good/bad

Ima'la

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:37 am
TenEleven, well said! I'm also pretty new and I've been wondering the same thing!

ny21

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:38 am
I notified the admin to take care of it .
and is see they have locked the topic.

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:41 am
same here... I wasn't on imamother for some time and now that I'm back it's like culture shock.

lotte

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:43 am
momof twins...."She started it" wow! You remind me of my little ones.
Come on-get serious! Be nice to one another!
We can all express our feelings and say what we want to say -but with respect!
If you are old enough to be married you are old enough to know how to deal with situations like that.
Let's be nice to one another! Tongue Out Smile Very Happy LOL

ny21

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:43 am
I also quit this site for a few months becuse of the fighting on this site

then I rejoined again a few months ago .

I have friends in real life who are on this site who quit becuase of the fighting.

I also took a short break when I was on vaction for a few weeks .

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Jan 17 2007, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

mumoo

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 10:48 am
I think this is a too-wide indictment. I'm also relatively new and I feel like I made "friends" here. There are really nice people here.

One of the purposes of this forum is to meet a wide range of people and share their ideas. If everyone's ideas are the same, what's the tachlis?

Could people be softer in their dissent? Sure. Can people be more tolerant and self confident that not everyone is an enemy? That would be good too.

You know, people tend to get pretty passionate about particular topics.

Your thread title could be considered rude too, you know.

Take what you want and ignore the rest- or use the forum to educate others in the fine art of communication.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:01 am
I'm pretty new here, too. I must say people are also quite negative about their husbands, in-laws, etc. too. After reading those posts I'll start noticing those same bad traits in my husband.

Can anyone else relate to that?

There is a lot of bashing of others and that negativity, shared with other Jewish women even anonymously, still has a bad impact on us all. Is there a way to share/vent feelings but also be totally constructive?

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:09 am
Just take everything with a grain of salt. Maybe the nasty poster had a bad day, or is having a monthly visit, who knows. Most of the posters here seem nice. Just ignore the nasties, and don't take it personal.

mumoo

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:10 am
is there a way to make a clothing store only carry your size, color and style-and price range?

is there a way to make all the people downtown dress and talk in a way that makes you comfortable and even get out of your way when you need it?

lately it seems like people are not willing to adjust to the outside world, only that everybody shoud be just the way we want.

this forum is a choice, what you read is your choice, how you respond is totally your choice.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:10 am
Just take everything with a grain of salt. Maybe the nasty poster had a bad day, or is having a monthly visit, who knows. Most of the posters here seem nice. Just ignore the nasties, and don't take it personal.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:24 am
Momoftwins, is that why you left? You said you were on vacation . . .

bandcm

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 11:26 am
Many people here are very mature and normal, even those with whom I often disagree with.
You very soon pick up on those who are of below average maturity, and you can either try to educate them, or ignore them.
It´s like life - is everyone you meet your cup of tea?

Ima'la

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 12:12 pm
If a lot of the posts here that are saying, "Well, things aren't always the way you want them" would be slightly re-written, they could say, "Things aren't always the way you like them and/or you won't always agree with everyone - but that's no reason to be nasty!"

I love this site, but I think it would be even nicer if everyone could be civil.

But I guess your point is that even if that is true, it just ain't gonna happen. I think that's too bad, but point taken.

Btw, 10/11, how do you have so many posts already? You've only been on here a week! I've been here for over a month and you're way ahead of me! Very impressive! Sunny (Just a cute emoticon - not sure if it was relevant - I love those things!)

miriam

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 12:22 pm
B/c it's this site is anon, people, who want to, get to show other sides of their personality that are usually locked up.

shayna82

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 12:29 pm
I dont think its that at all Very Happy

lots know who I am, im not showing any part of myself that I dont normally show. maybe some do...

amother

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 12:33 pm
Check out psychcentral.com and see how society at large treat each others on a public forum. The respect is palpable. If, on occasion, on a very rare occasion, a poster is disrespectful, there is no back and forth, her post is simply passed over.
See, even from a non-yis we can learn something constructive.

happy2beme

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 12:34 pm
Quote:

B/c it's this site is anon, people, who want to, get to show other sides of their personality that are usually locked up.

some of those personalities would get ppl locked up LOL

amother

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 12:53 pm
Quote:
One of the purposes of this forum is to meet a wide range of people and share their ideas. If everyone's ideas are the same, what's the tachlis?

Could people be softer in their dissent? Sure. Can people be more tolerant and self confident that not everyone is an enemy? That would be good too.

You know, people tend to get pretty passionate about particular topics.

Yes, but its not the controversial/philosophical discussions that get me angry. I understand some people have strong opinions, although they could be nicer about it. But if someone starts a thread that YOU (no, I dont mean you, mumoo) think is silly, why do you have to tell them that??!! Say it to yourself and get out of that thread!! Do you think anyone is going to think highly of you for saying "Oh, what a stupid post!"????
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics