Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Spinoff of when do you see your kids if you work fulltime

amother

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 2:15 pm
I don't want to say anything against parents who work full time- I do it myself. granted, I work american hours in Israel, so I get to see my dc all day, but still.
I have very very few memories of my mother from around age 4 when my memories start, until I was like 12, and that makes me very very sad for all these kids Sad
My mother was a single mom, and she had no choice, (most people who work full time don't) but I so much see how my life would have been different if I hadn't been raised by spanish babysitters who just wanted us to shut up and go to sleep. Sad

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 6:09 pm
I work full time outside home, but grew up with a SAHM mother. My mother unfortunately had to give up a rather promising career because working after having a child was not done in her days. As much as it was nice having her around after school etc, I grew up fully aware of her resentment and frustration that her professional career was taken away fromm her. She would have been so much happier had she be given an option of remaining a working mom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics