Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Present time...
1  2  Next

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 6:05 am
My parents would like to buy my kids some nice presents this year. Any ideas?

Boy - 4.5
Girl - 3.5
Boy - 2.5

We already have Clics, Lego, train set, cars, etc. We are looking for suggestions for an individual toy or game for each child. My oldest is quite advanced, B"H, especially with fine motor skills and very creative. He can definitely be ready for the 4-8 age range, while the other 2 are still in the 2-5 age range.

Thanks!

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 7:21 am
Books, I like the ones that have nylon covering the pgs & with lots of pictures. All the kids here like them & they're durable.

My dd (4yo) likes I spy books, they can keep her busy for a long time (unfortunately, we only have 1 right now, but I've seen great deals on then on ebay if I find someone to bring them in for me)

There's also a kids exercise CD called Mendy Music which is high on my "wish list" (look it up on mostlymusic.com). (sorry, it's more of a family gift, not for 1 specific child) especially with Winter coming up.

does your 3.5 yo have or go for dolls? My dd really likes her real looking doll (we also got 2 changes of clothing for when she is old enough to enjoy that).

& for little boys all that comes to mind is more cars Wink

imasinger

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 7:36 am
For the older boy, you might want to get him some kind of science put-together that is geared for 6-8 year old range, if he seems ahead of the curve. There are kits where you can create your own electrical circuits, or Kinex are for more complex building.

Simple kid games (Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, etc) might be good for the younger ones, and encourage them to play together. Also, molded plastic animals or toys. My kids love their Mitzvah Kinder set. They'll often combine the Legos, Magna-Tiles, Clix, trains and cars, plastic animals, and plastic people to create elaborate zoos, farms, or towns.

cinnamon

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 8:02 am
my 3 y.o and 5 y.o love playing memory and candyland.
I was thinking of getting them guess who.
thy also love puzzles.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 8:13 am
Do you allow LeapPads? They sound amazing. But my DH says no way!

SS6099

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 10:37 am
For a twist on clicks, have you tried Bizzy Bitz? It's extremely creative and challenging. DS is also quite advanced and really enjoys it.

Kaybee

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 12:08 pm
My kids that age love love magna tiles. Its worth every cent. I even purchased a second set. They play for hours and its such an easy cleanup! They can play seprately or build together!

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Nov 06 2012, 8:58 pm
Check out melissa and doug.

They have great great toys. If you travel often a trunki is great for the older kids. Its fun around the house too.
They also make puzzles for younger kids that make noises when you insert the correct pieces.

http://www.melissaanddoug.com/

other ideas are:
dr seuss book set
magnet game (the one that has huge magnet pieces to use on fridges and doors)
kiddy kitchen
"I pee" doll (sounds rude but kids love it! and it is great to teach them a sense of helping with a baby)

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 4:45 am
We're considering MagnaTiles for the 3 of them as a joint present

Hashemlovesme, that CD sounds really cute! I might consider getting it for my gan. I'm pretty sure my parents have a bunch of I Spy books at home, so I might have them send them stam.

Magnet game - we have waaaaay too much stuff on our fridge already lol.

Leap Pads - I'd have to think that one over, but probably not.

What are Bizzy Bits? I couldn't find a link online for them.

Candy Land - I am debating between this and Kosher World (Jewish version)

Any more ideas anyone?

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 4:46 am
imasinger wrote:
For the older boy, you might want to get him some kind of science put-together that is geared for 6-8 year old range, if he seems ahead of the curve. There are kits where you can create your own electrical circuits, or Kinex are for more complex building.

Simple kid games (Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, etc) might be good for the younger ones, and encourage them to play together. Also, molded plastic animals or toys. My kids love their Mitzvah Kinder set. They'll often combine the Legos, Magna-Tiles, Clix, trains and cars, plastic animals, and plastic people to create elaborate zoos, farms, or towns.

Can you give an example of what kind of kit you are talking about? thanks!

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 5:10 am
my 4 year old loves mitzva kinder. I think fisher price also make a similar size with accessories - little people?

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 8:27 am
Raisin, the problem with those types of toys (and many others mentioned) is that we have them for the gan that is in my home. Therefore, the kids play with them often already.

I want something for them that can be kept separate and special - something they can call their own. The MagnaTiles for sure would be kept separate and I would love to get them each a special toy/game/kit of their own.

myself

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 8:41 am
How about some sort of Meccano set for the older boy?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 9:15 am
Does the 4.5 year old like building?

I bought a bunch of sets of Construx on ebay, as they don't make them anymore, and my boys (from around 4 and up) have spent HOURS with them. They can be very creative with the pieces; they make trucks, spaceships, menorahs, you name it:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/I.html.....m=R40

I had them as a kid, and used to make carriages for my stuffed animals, your DD can enjoy them too in a few years. I wonder why they stopped making them; such a great toy!

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 11:08 am
just remembered my kids really like our magna doodle. I think it's good for a 3yo but both my older kids play w/ it.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 12:04 pm
Magna tiles was my best investment in terms of toys. I got it when my kids were 4, 2.5, and 1.5. Now 2 1/2 years later it is still my most played with toy. I have 2 sets. 1 set is spread very thin among 3 children.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 12:48 pm
myself wrote:

What is that?

TAP, the Construx looks great, but I am a little worried about the little pieces (I have a newborn).

myself

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 2:53 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
myself wrote:

What is that?

TAP, the Construx looks great, but I am a little worried about the little pieces (I have a newborn).

http://www.toysrus.com/product.....42407

There's lots of different types (some simple ones for young kids which I couldn't find on that site) but if you're worried about little pieces then it's probably not appropriate.

jaysmom

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 2:55 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
We're considering MagnaTiles for the 3 of them as a joint present

Hashemlovesme, that CD sounds really cute! I might consider getting it for my gan. I'm pretty sure my parents have a bunch of I Spy books at home, so I might have them send them stam.

Magnet game - we have waaaaay too much stuff on our fridge already lol.

Leap Pads - I'd have to think that one over, but probably not.

What are Bizzy Bits? I couldn't find a link online for them.

Candy Land - I am debating between this and Kosher World (Jewish version)

Any more ideas anyone?

MagnaTiles is what I was going to suggest.

paprika

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 3:04 pm
How about a subscription to Highlights. They make a younger version and an older version. They can enjoy it once a month for a full year.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics