Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Birthday present

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:11 pm
Dd made a birthday party for 25 girls. One girl showed up with a present. Is it not proper manners to bring something? They got the invitation 2 weeks ago.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:14 pm
It probably depends on the circles, which it sounds like for yours it’s not the norm if almost everyone did not bring one

Why is this in issues of concern for frum society?

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 2:25 pm
I make birthday parties for my kids just with some cousins and a couple of neighbours. They usually bring a present each tho I don't think anything if someone doesn't bring.

But it's only a few parties a year.
If you had 25 kids at the party does that mean that they all go to 25 parties? That's quite a lot of presents to give...

When it comes to bar/bas mitzvah presents the class joins together. Otherwise it's simply too expensive.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:44 pm
Would you rather that all the kids who didn’t bring a present shouldn’t come? I think your child is very lucky that 25 kids showed up to their party and that they weren’t alone waiting and no one comes…. Not everyone can afford to always buy presents for every birthday

weasley

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 3:59 pm
Where I'm from it's standard to bring a present and my kids would be so disappointed if that happened.

NechaMom

Post Sun, Feb 11 2024, 4:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Dd made a birthday party for 25 girls. One girl showed up with a present. Is it not proper manners to bring something? They got the invitation 2 weeks ago.

Does your DD bring a gift when she goes to those 25 girls’ parties? If yes, I’d be truly disappointed too. Even if just a balloon or a $2 treat. It is not proper manners to come to a birthday party empty handed. But it seems like it’s an unspoken rule in your circles that nobody should bring anything for anyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette