Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Attn israelis and europeans mixer help please!
1  2  Next

israel22

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:31 pm
I am looking to get a new mixer and all the stores say go for the kenwood anyone have the kenwood major 1500 watt? or know anything like what the best is out I grew up with kitchen aids and they were always the best and here the store owners laugh at that any advice greatly appreciated since I am really lost!!!!

Raisin

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:49 pm
I do not like kenwoods at all. If you can get a bosch universal mixer or magic mill (made by electolux of sweden) those are both supposed to be excellent, and are both european made. I have the magic mill and love it. I actually bought it in NY, (just asked for european voltage)

I think you can buy these in israel but not sure about Europe.

israel22

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:58 pm
I don't like the bosch idea I like more of a kitchen aid kenwood style I don't know what a magic mill is though can u tell me about it/.?

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:06 pm
I hate my Kenwood. I wish I had a Kitchen Aid.

israel22

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:12 pm
me 2 I also like the kitchen aid thats what I grew up with but since I got married I had kenwood so I am used to it but looking to upgrade to a better model if I can figure out what!!!

roze22

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 8:46 pm
I bought a kitchen aid in Israel, and wouldnt use anything different.

my MIL has a bosch, and it drives me crazy when I use it... the paddle never reaches the sides right and only half the stuff gets mixed.

etky

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 9:45 pm
I have a 35 year old Kenwood (I got it 3rd hand about 20 years ago) and it's still going strong after only 1 motor repair that I had done when I got it.
Unfortunately though, Kenwood's are not being made the same way and I've been told by various appliance savvy people to hold on to what I have as long as possible. The newer ones are underpowered compared to the older models. For that matter though I've also heard that Kitchen Aid's are no better.
I have a question about the Kitchen Aid (when the time comes for me to replace my 'golden oldie'). Does it do a good job creaming butter/marg. and sugar? I find that my Kenwood, though powerful, doesn't do such a great job with that. All the marg. flies to the side of the bowl and I have to constantly push it back to the center. Other than that I love my Kenwood but when I do replace my current mixer I would like one that does a better creaming job.

theprocastinator

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 9:47 pm
can you make challah dough in a kitchen aid?

israel22

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 11:11 pm
I make challah with my kenwood just its not so big and its not working so well after 7 years and I got an offer to get a new one! (otherwise I wud try to get it fixed) the quuestion is what to get! my mother has had a kitchen aid and she makes challah in it, I heard the 1500 watt kenwood bowl is bigger then its motor but maybe its better then my smaller one I dunno ahhhhhhhhhh

roze22 where did u get ur kitchen aid in israel?

Tinkerbelle

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 11:18 pm
I have the Kenwood major and I've made challah in it. if your getting it for challah I'd recommend the Bosch it makes better dough and the challah comes out more fluffy.

israel22

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 11:34 pm
did u get the kenwood major recently? can u tell me your impressions about it? I am not buying it for challah I do alot of baking in general but I do make a kilo of challah here and there I am buying it more for everything else though

roze22

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 12:02 am
DH bought mine for me when we first made aliyah, at a small electronics store here in KG that has since gone out of business. the color was on sale, so it was a good deal. I have also seen them at the major appliance places.

Tinkerbelle

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 12:04 am
I got it three years ago.
It has a nice big bowl and works well, I hate baking and don't realy use it so I don't know what you might be looking for in a mixer to tell you about. If you have specific questions I'll be glad to help.

israel22

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 12:40 am
I am looking for firstly metal bowl bigger bowl then the simple kenwood I have and just a good mixer I bake alot don't put in the bowl more then lets say adouble batch I assume it cud hold that? I just want a mixer that wud be good!!!

I am hearing alot of ppl are happy with the bosch but I feel its so dif then the kenwood and kitchen aid I wud hate it

Tinkerbelle

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 1:46 am
The bowl is plastic, it can for sure hold a double batch. I think it's a good mixer, when I bake I'm happy with it.
I hate the Bosch b\c it's harder to wash.

etky

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 1:57 am
Tinkerbelle wrote:
The bowl is plastic, it can for sure hold a double batch. I think it's a good mixer, when I bake I'm happy with it.
I hate the Bosch b\c it's harder to wash.

Does it do a decent job of creaming margarine and sugar? What about whipping egg whites and whipped cream?

israel22

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 7:02 am
the kenwood major I am lookign at comes with a metal bowl so thats fine

alot ppl keep telling me they have the bosch I am afraid I will hate it

soooooooo undecided whish I cud just speak to someone who knows there stuff but is not biased

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 7:06 am
check out the magic mill. Its not as nice looking as the kitchen aid but better looking then the bosch and very easy to clean. It has a nice big bowl. The one I have takes 5 lbs of dough, and I can triple a cake recipe easily.

israel22

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 7:18 am
im not sure if they even sell it in israel I looked up their site they sell a 220 but looks like I wud have to get it in america which I can't obviously....

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 5:24 pm
If you want something like the kitchen aid, the kenwood is the best.
In fact it took me ages to get used to my kitchen aid, I really wanted a kenwood but they don't have them in USA.

Some people like the bosch better but I find it is only really great for doughs like challah dough.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars