Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Anyone have a Yonanas?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 8:30 pm
I'm toying with the idea of buying a yonanas ice cream maker for our family chanuka present. Does anyone have one? I read some reviews onlinw, but I have some specific questions. TIA!

Sherri

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 8:33 pm
Does TAP have one?

sequoia

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 8:35 pm
Sherri wrote:
Does TAP have one?

Yes she has. But I wonder if ice cream really tastes better than fruit.

rydys

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 8:40 pm
Yes, and we love it! It is so easy to use. All the fruit that is near going off goes in the freezer, and whenever we want ice cream we just pull it out. When we are done, the whole thing goes right into the dishwasher.

One word of advice, however--you have to like bananas. In order to get the ice cream consistency, you do have to use bananas each time and they have a strong flavor.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 8:55 pm
rydys wrote:

One word of advice, however--you have to like bananas. In order to get the ice cream consistency, you do have to use bananas each time and they have a strong flavor.

Ok, that's what I was wondering about. I don't really love bananas at all. The rest of my family does, but I don't. So I really like the idea of this, I'm just not sure if I'll like the end product.

Have you used it to make sorbets, without bananas?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 9:15 pm
sequoia wrote:
Sherri wrote:
Does TAP have one?

Yes she has. But I wonder if ice cream really tastes better than fruit.

I have a review of it on http://helpellen.com; it's right on the homepage.

Yes, you can leave out bananas. DS likes it with mangoes and strawberries, without bananas.

I haven't used it since the weather got cold; but we used it daily in the summer and really enjoyed it.

Yes, ice cream is better, but this is pretty great and totally healthy. It's comparable to any sugary sorbet without the extra sugar and chemicals, and with a creamier texture.

bigprincess

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 9:55 pm
Why is it better than a food processor?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:14 pm
Thanks, TaP! I actually did stumble upon it thanks to your blog. I should give you credit for that! If I end up buying through Amazon I'll use your link.

If you don't use bananas, is the texture much different from a smoothie?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:45 pm
If you use a food processor, to get the same results, you'd have to freeze your product for an hour, re-food process it, freeze it again, etc. about 3 or 4 times. With the yonana, it becomes smooth in just one quick motion.

Without bananas, it's a bit less creamy, but much thicker than a smoothie, because there's no added water - it's just the fruits.

If you put strawberries/raspberries in with the banana, the berry flavors are dominant.

And because it totally crushes the fruits, you don't need to worry about bugs.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:57 pm
Thanks! I'm leaning towards a yes for now Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars