Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Travelling with styled sheitel

Mummy613

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 3:14 pm
Long time member, first time poster! Very Happy

I'll be travelling interstate for a family wedding and need to take a pre-styled sheitel along. I'd rather avoid wearing I on the plane, or taking it on a sheitel head and I won't be able to get it re-styled once I arrive ( 2 days before the wedding, but just before shabbos). Any advice as to how to travel with it? It might just be blow-dryed straight but maybe a half-up style with a clip. Would a shoe box work? Any special way of 'folding' it?
Thanks in advance

Happy18

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 3:24 pm
I've flown with my styled sheitel in my sheitel box on a head. I have a taller sheitel box, think the size of a small suitcase and it was fine. I had a curly style, but if you want straight it should be easier to pack.

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 4:42 pm
Shevy sells a travel sheital box which can fit into a suitcase. I have traveled with straight and set sheitals in sheital boxes. I make sure there is extra rollers or pins holding the hair in place.

oatmealcookies

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 5:47 pm
When I flew the flight attendant was able to stow my sheital box upright but going thru security I had to put it on its side. It didnt look as amazing as after it was styled. My sheital macher sprays it a lot and pins the style so it stays.

jaysmom

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 6:55 pm
Did the shoe box thing twice. Didn't work. I had to fix it with some hot tools one time, second time- lucky for me there was a hair dresser at wedding. Why did I do it twice? I think I simply forgot it didn't work so well the first time. I would use a sheitel head and traveling box in the future.

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 8:24 pm
oatmealcookies wrote:
When I flew the flight attendant was able to stow my sheital box upright but going thru security I had to put it on its side. It didnt look as amazing as after it was styled. My sheital macher sprays it a lot and pins the style so it stays.

The trick must be to wear the sheital thru security and carry the empty box. You can then place it in the box so it can be stored upright.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 8:28 pm
Mummy613 wrote:
Long time member, first time poster! Very Happy

I'll be travelling interstate for a family wedding and need to take a pre-styled sheitel along. I'd rather avoid wearing I on the plane, or taking it on a sheitel head and I won't be able to get it re-styled once I arrive ( 2 days before the wedding, but just before shabbos). Any advice as to how to travel with it? It might just be blow-dryed straight but maybe a half-up style with a clip. Would a shoe box work? Any special way of 'folding' it?
Thanks in advance

I once traveled out of town for a wedding with a newly styled wig. (picked it up on my way out of town) at the time I didnt have a head, so she placed it very carefully in an oversized shopping bag. (the kind you get from oh nuts, but maybe bigger, I dont remember) I got a head when I got to where I was going, and it looked beautiful- got quite a few compliments on it Smile

thatgirl

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 8:38 pm
My shaitel machers have told me that its ok to use a shoe box and fold the shaitel hairs into the head. the style should stay put.

thatgirl

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 8:39 pm
I would not use a plastic bag since it will make the shaitel staticky

kb

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 1:17 am
I have asked my sheitel macher to pack up my sheitel for me before traveling. She puts in rollers and pins and stuff with it in a shoe box, and it stays good. (When I tried imitating her method on the way back it did not stay good!)

Mummy613

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 1:20 am
OP here.
Thanks for all the advice! Am thinking maybe a tichel is the way to go. For my sisters wedding Wink

nyer1

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 8:49 am
if its for a siblings wedding, I would have your sheital macher style it straight, put it in the shoebox, and then have the hairdresser style it simply at the hall with the clip or w/e.. it wouldn't take long...after the kallah is done up of course

hot pink

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 4:13 am
If you're getting ready with the kallah, maybe you can ask the hair lady to give you a little touch-up after everyone else is finished? I've done that before - usually they're really nice and don't charge!

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 4:49 am
orthodox barbie wrote:
If you're getting ready with the kallah, maybe you can ask the hair lady to give you a little touch-up after everyone else is finished? I've done that before - usually they're really nice and don't charge!

Did you just get an avatar?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels